Ravens sign RG3

49erurtaza

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't want to make this thread about that, so this is all I'll say on it, but this isn't entirely accurate. Even people who think he sucks acknowledge that he's probably a top 40 quarterback in the NFL, so at the very least should have a back up job somewhere. I've seen very, very few people who think he's not worth a back up spot at least (specifically in regards to his football play, not the other stuff), and I'd say that is infused by other things a lot of times in those instances. 

Yeah even during Kaepernick's "prime", when he was having the most success, people still said he sucked. Of course when the 49ers stopped winning those statements would stay the same. When you compare Kaepernick's stats to RGIII's stats, especially RGIII post-injury, it's not even close. RGIII was so bad with Cleveland, despite winning them their only game in the past 3 years, that he was cut.........I still can't really get over how big of a deal that is for Cleveland to cut him lol It's not like RGIII was injured going into the Cleveland stint and is healthy now. He was healthy at the start of both stints. The problem is that A) He's not good, and B) He's going to get injured trying to complete basic dropbacks.

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

There was also the issue with Kaepernicks girlfriends tweet that hit Bisciotti the wrong way. That didn't help

And the Ravens all disputed that that had anything to do with anything. The only person who said it did was Ray Lewis. I'm not going to pretend like the kneeling issue wasn't a factor in why we didn't (and still won't) sign Kaepernick, but I think the bigger issue there was that Flacco's injury wasn't as serious as we thought, we already had Mallett, and felt the money could be spent elsewhere. Those comments surely didn't help, though, but I think the statement by Ray that it cost kaepernick a job is not entirely factual.

FUN-Fact: Google Chrome tries to auto-correct Kaepernick to pumpernickel. Go ahead, give it a try.

12 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

, but I think the bigger issue there was that Flacco's injury wasn't as serious as we thought, we already had Mallett, and felt the money could be spent elsewhere.

Which in hindsight was a huge mistake. It took Flacco half a season to look healthy. We would have been better off with Kaep, or RG3 or any replacement level QB for the first half of the season and might have won the extra game we needed to be in the playoffs. 

Wonderful news! 

Perhaps the Golden Dream of 2012 can live again!

The Endorsements:

"Trah mah down-home REEEEL home-stahl bobba-cue Long Foots!"

Image result for Robert Griffin III soup commercial

The old-fashioned Respect for Authority:

"Hush yo MOUFF!! I be talkin' here!!"

Image result for Robert Griffin III Shanahan

The Direct Report To The Owner, God-Like Status!

"Who need dem coaches any-hoo? AWW-RAAAAHHT!!"

Image result for Robert Griffin III Dan Snyder

23 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Which in hindsight was a huge mistake. It took Flacco half a season to look healthy. We would have been better off with Kaep, or RG3 or any replacement level QB for the first half of the season and might have won the extra game we needed to be in the playoffs. 

I agree with this. Flacco had no business playing that first-half of the season.

He did lead the Browns to their last win, and showed some flashes of being a capable starter with them. The biggest thing was he simply can't stay healthy. He was injured in week 1 in 2016, and missed almost the entire year until the last 4 games. Coming back he looked rusty his first game back from the injury in 2016, but he did continue to look better and better in each of his last 3 starts with Cleveland.

RG3.0.gif

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000767628%2FRobert-Griffin-III-highlights

If he could stay healthy (Obviously that is a huge "if"), I think he could certainly challenge a guy like Flacco for the starting job.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

He did lead the Browns to their last win, and showed some flashes of being a capable starter with them. The biggest thing was he simply can't stay healthy. He was injured in week 1 in 2016, and missed almost the entire year until the last 4 games. Coming back he looked rusty his first game back from the injury in 2016, but he did continue to look better and better in each of his last 3 starts with Cleveland.

RG3.0.gif

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000767628%2FRobert-Griffin-III-highlights

If he could stay healthy (Obviously that is a huge "if"), I think he could certainly challenge a guy like Flacco for the starting job.

Now show highlights of his fantastic passing stint with Cleveland.

RGIII-pick.gif

Great accuracy and anticipation here.

3 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

I'm sure this will make the Kaepernick crowd very happy. We pass on a clearly superior QB for a guy who not only has been out of the league for roughly the same amount of time (actually longer if you account for the time he was out due to injury in 2016), but is objectively worse even when healthy, which is also never.

Whatever, I guess. Maybe he was cheaper. Who knows.

Probably went like this. Do we want the back up who will never play? Or do we want the back up who will never play and go out of his way to make controversy and still has a whole lot following him.

It probably went something like that.

Archived