Ravens Sign RG3

baltimoreRebel

44 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

last i looked Flacco was a very durable QB, beside the fluke ACL and a cheap shot to his head. so who gives a flying s* who they have behind him. can't be worse than Mallet and won't be the reason the Ravens miss the playoffs this season.

And the back injury from lifting weights that torpepoed the offense to the worst in the NFL through 8 weeks.

I like it.  Low $$ for a guy who has had success in the league (albeit not recently).  It's fine for a backup, particularly one that we have no commitment to in case we draft someone.

Also, can't wait for all of the comments about him passing a physical (RE: Ryan Grant)... :D

26 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I wonder what he did to pass his physical.... There's no way he's healthier than Ryan Grant.

Solid backup signing, if Flacco goes down we're screwed anyway so why not.

Not have a multi-year deal with injury guarantees...?

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Not have a multi-year deal with injury guarantees...?

We all know the ravens failed Grant because they overpaid him, he was totally healthy. 

But not to derail the thread, he should be a fine backup provided he doesn't explode in training camp.

Giving RGIII a one year, barely-above-minimum deal means they don't need to worry about any health issues, like they did when giving a WR a multiple year, $24 million dollar deal. At this point, he's just a camp arm and fighting to be backup QB, and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost that fight.

And my opinion on backup QBs is this: if Flacco goes down for any extended period, the season is over anyway. Just embrace the suck and start Curtis Painter.

Besides me being the complete opposite of excited about this signing, there is however a nice opportunity for Griffin to be a change of pace quarterback if he has to take some snaps.

He can come in with designed packages that use his scramble ability, which can catch the defense off guard.

As a starter for a couple of games - nah, I don't have much faith in a Griffin led offense unless we are really good at running the football.

Archived