Has there ever been a draft with this much QB Hype?

Chargers

3 hours ago, Deekster37 said:

Lol venny come on don't be dumb tell me stuff I don't know first .....well aware of the senior bowl stuff hence my point and your telling me when big Ben dropped to the steel city they weren't licking there chops realizing they had a Franchiser your so wrong..... Eli was the top ranked QB in the draft I agree that doesn't add to your point......come on bud your better then this 

Look.  I'm just not a fan of revisionist history.  Far too much, people like to validate all-time greatness by acting like they saw it coming before it happened.  I'm not denying the fact that the 2004 QB class was HISTORIC.  Its the best QB draft of my lifetime.  However, I just don't think it was as hyped in 2004 as it actually turned out to be. 

If you wanna point to any QB draft of the last 20 years being crazy hyped, go to the 2012 Draft.  Both Andrew Luck and RG3 were getting almost universal love that year.  Luck was obviously being hailed as the best QB to come out since Elway.  There were literally no negatives about him.  The only negative I remember scouts saying about him was the fact that he was so competitive he would take on LBs too often when running rather than just sliding.  Just think about that.  That's the only negative scouts could come up with.  That's how elite of a prospect Andrew Luck was.  And then you had many voices saying RG3 was even better.  So on the one hand you have the perfect QB prospect in Andrew Luck and then a guy in RG3 that many thought was better than the "perfect" QB prospect.  Very few doubted both would be franchise QBs.  That's why they went #1 and #2.  Its also why the Redskins traded so many assets to get up to the 2nd pick.  They thought they were getting a #1 overall caliber QB with the 2nd pick.  Nobody made such a trade up for Big Ben and he dropped all the way to #11.  If he was as highly thought of as you want to make it out, shouldn't someone have been able to jump the Steelers?

IMO the 2012 QB Draft had significantly more hype than the 2004 QB Draft.  The 2004 draft was really about Eli Manning and then everyone else.  While the 2012 draft was about Luck and RG3 almost equally.

Its up there. I think because there are 4-5 high end talents (depending on your view of Jackson) who all have pronounced strengths and weaknesses, it promotes a lot of debate and discussion. Luck/RGIII was more hyped because of how good a prospect Luck was but outside of a few people, there really wasn't much to talk about.

This is the best class we'll see in a while. The best we ever have seen during the pre-draft stage. Its got everything you want:

Mayfield: The sure-fire franchise quarterback
Darnold and Allen: Toolsy players with strong arms, but in need of development everywhere else
Rosen: The safe average but unspectacular quarterback
Jackson: The guy that would dominate with the right scheme around him

Lol your arguing RG3 stix.......bro seriously his hype was stupid, dumb! If you got sucked into that then REGAME!!!! ............. Give it up..... I would've never came close to drafting him....... ALSO MORE IMPORTANLY  ................  Let me guess you wear skinny jeans and skateboard!!  Do your work!  

Archived