Predict The Pick v.2 - 3 - Jets

Texas_OutLaw7

Who should the Jets Draft with the 3rd overall pick?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Jets Draft with the 3rd overall pick?

• Lamar Jackson - QB - Louisville
    • Josh Allen - QB - Wyoming
    • Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA
    • Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma
    • Derrius Guice - RB - LSU
    • DJ Moore - WR - Maryland
    • Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama
    • Mike McGlinchey - OL - Notre Dame
    • Quenton Nelson - OL - Notre Dame
    • Isaiah Wynn - OL - Georgia
    • Vita Vea - DT - Washington
    • Bradley Chubb - EDGE - NC State
    • Harold Landry - EDGE - Boston College
    • Marcus Davenport - EDGE - UTSA
    • Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith - LB - Georgia
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick - DB - Florida State
    • Derwin James - Safety - Florida State
    • Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio State
    • Other (Please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2018 at 01:22 AM

This is the second version of this we will be doing now that must of the Free Agency Dust has settled. Like before, here are the rules:

• I will invite some posters to help sway the vote. 
  • In the event of a tie, posts will help decide.
  • Runoffs are solely at my discretion.
  • Votes will last for roughly 24 hours (longer for weekend).
  • No. Trades. You stay at this pick.

Our Draft So Far...

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold - QB - USC
  2. New York Giants - Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State
  3. New York Jets
  4. Cleveland Browns 
  5. Denver Broncos
  6. Indianapolis Colts
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  8. Chicago Bears
  9. San Francisco 49ers
  10. Oakland Raiders
  11. Miami Dolphins
  12. Buffalo Bills
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. Green Bay Packers
  15. Arizona Cardinals
  16. Baltimore Ravens
  17. LA Chargers
  18. Seattle Seahawks
  19. Dallas Cowboys

Baker is the perfect fit for their three wide and singleback style offense that thrives on fast drops, fast routes and fast releases that goes deep only off of run action. If he is there I cant see them going any other route...

If they went Rosen, he too could be a good fit (high efficiency passing works for that system quite well too) but I still think Baker is just the better choice FOR THEM.

You'll likely see a lot of Jets fans split between Baker, Rosen, and Allen. Of the three, Rosen has generally been the consensus top pick by Jets fans. But Baker and Allen are right behind him in the eyes of some Jets fans. 

Personally, I think Rosen and Baker fit our offense best. The tipping point for me are Rosen's concussions. I went with Baker. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

You'll likely see a lot of Jets fans split between Baker, Rosen, and Allen. Of the three, Rosen has generally been the consensus top pick by Jets fans. But Baker and Allen are right behind him in the eyes of some Jets fans. 

Personally, I think Rosen and Baker fit our offense best. The tipping point for me are Rosen's concussions. I went with Baker. 

Rosen and Baker are absolutely the best fits for sure. I just have trouble picturing Rosen trying to throw downfield in the circling, whipping winds of the Met-o-lands in mid December. Its hard just to keep a damn ball cap on, let alone throw a ball 30 yards up field. The bigger arm of Mayfield might be the turning point.

49 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I went with Rosen but cool with him or Baker. Baker is a better fit for the offense, but Rosen’s potential ceiling is too high to pass up. 

Sure you dont have them mixed? Rosen is a polished mechanics guy whos biggest room for improvement is throwing down field. He is already a high efficiency guy with very good accuracy. He is the next best pro ready guy outside of Darnold according to most scout sites, though I think he still needs to learn how to read things better up field and needs time...but still, point is, he is far more polished than Mayfield.

Mayfield is the higher ceiling type - the playmaking, ball slinging, scrambling, time buying type whos ceiling is beyond the clouds but will need to seriously hone his skills to reach it.

I think Mayfield will be the best of this draft class, a near instant star, but Rosen, of the two, is closer to fully waxed, polished and tuned up with a much higher "floor" but also a lower "ceiling"

It has to be a QB. No other option.

I personally love Josh Rosen. His mechanics are practically flawless. I would not be upset with Baker either though. The guy is a winner who will do whatever it costs to win. That is a trait you want out of the most important position. He also has great fluidity with his passing. I do worry how well his game will translate to the NFL. But I think he will work on developing that aspect.

13 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

It has to be a QB. No other option.

I personally love Josh Rosen. His mechanics are practically flawless. I would not be upset with Baker either though. The guy is a winner who will do whatever it costs to win. That is a trait you want out of the most important position. He also has great fluidity with his passing. I do worry how well his game will translate to the NFL. But I think he will work on developing that aspect.

I agree they gave up so much to move up it has to be for a QB - but id laugh so loud if they are just positioning themselves for like Chubb or Minkah or something! lmao

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Rosen and Baker are absolutely the best fits for sure. I just have trouble picturing Rosen trying to throw downfield in the circling, whipping winds of the Met-o-lands in mid December. Its hard just to keep a damn ball cap on, let alone throw a ball 30 yards up field. The bigger arm of Mayfield might be the turning point.

Sure you dont have them mixed? Rosen is a polished mechanics guy whos biggest room for improvement is throwing down field. He is already a high efficiency guy with very good accuracy. He is the next best pro ready guy outside of Darnold according to most scout sites, though I think he still needs to learn how to read things better up field and needs time...but still, point is, he is far more polished than Mayfield.

Mayfield is the higher ceiling type - the playmaking, ball slinging, scrambling, time buying type whos ceiling is beyond the clouds but will need to seriously hone his skills to reach it.

I think Mayfield will be the best of this draft class, a near instant star, but Rosen, of the two, is closer to fully waxed, polished and tuned up with a much higher "floor" but also a lower "ceiling"

We’re running a Dennison ZBS. You need a guy who can throw accurately on the run with a moving pocket. I like Rosen more, but Bakers a better fit. 

Archived