If I were running the NFL, I'd be pushing HARD for the NCAA to pay athletes.

Apparition

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I honestly think college players should be able to hire agents & use their name for endorsements and the like, but the NCAA paying them a salary? Nah.

This is where I am at as well. It's the cleanest solution in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Think this would help?

No, but I'm not convinced it would make a drastic difference negatively.  Recruits go to the bigger school all the time.  Even without the money incentives, a recruit is more than likely going to choose going to Alabama or Florida State over Delaware if given the option.  

I don't think it would be much different than it is now.  The top recruits go to the top schools.  The middling recruits go to the middling schools.  The lower recruits go to the lower schools.  There are some exceptions but in general that is how it goes.  You can't say it would ruin parity when there is no parity to begin with.  The best teams are usually the best teams for long stretches of time.

But it was just an idea.  An idea that isn't bullet-proof.  Just a suggestion on what they could do.

29 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

No, but I'm not convinced it would make a drastic difference negatively.  Recruits go to the bigger school all the time.  Even without the money incentives, a recruit is more than likely going to choose going to Alabama or Florida State over Delaware if given the option.  

I don't think it would be much different than it is now.  The top recruits go to the top schools.  The middling recruits go to the middling schools.  The lower recruits go to the lower schools.  There are some exceptions but in general that is how it goes.  You can't say it would ruin parity when there is no parity to begin with.  The best teams are usually the best teams for long stretches of time.

But it was just an idea.  An idea that isn't bullet-proof.  Just a suggestion on what they could do.

Sure but at least right now Delaware has a program, they wouldn't if Alabama started paying people. 

27 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

We always see quite a few top 300 recruits go to the hometown school. I think it would be far fewer if their was a 20-25K difference between what you'd get paid at different schools.

I still think the best option is to just allow recruits to sell their name.

the players should at least be able to make money off their image and likeness. 

guys like Crouch and JT Barrett or Manzeil, Tebow are guys whoes image and likeness was worth millions and they didn't get to make mey off it.

And they didn't translate to the pro game at all well. 

Archived