Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 19

Jason_Bengal_Fl

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Dallas Cowboys are on the clock with pick 19.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.  If you discuss multiple gys in your post, please make a clear indication in your post who your actual choice is.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

6. Indianapolis - Denzel Ward

7. Tampa - Derwin James

8. Chicago - Tremaine Edmunds

9. SF 49ers - Minkah Fitzpatrick

10. Oakland - Vita Vea

11. Miami - Roquon Smith

12. Buffalo - Baker Mayfield

13. Washington - Derrius Guice

14. Green Bay - Harold Landry

15. Arizona - Josh Allen

16. Baltimore - DJ Moore

17. LA Chargers - Lamar Jackson

18. Seattle - Mike McGlinchey

Tough one... Id hate to say LVE because I dont believe in him as a star. But i have a feeling thats who everyones gonna go for.

Me... Ill say, at this point, Ridley would be my choice. Polished route runner, able to separate quickly, tough to grab with the ball in his hands and is the top first round grade guy left IMO.

According to the Big Board we did, it should be Ridley. But that would be a stupid choice.

I'd imagine it would come down to LVE, Hurst, Davenport, Hernandez and Wynn.

I think Wynn is the obvious choice.

Our LG, RG, and RT would have all be LT in college then. xD

18 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

According to the Big Board we did, it should be Ridley. But that would be a stupid choice.

I'd imagine it would come down to LVE, Hurst, Davenport, Hernandez and Wynn.

I think Wynn is the obvious choice.

Our LG, RG, and RT would have all be LT in college then. xD

I debated Wynn but Ridley is a top player in the draft, Wynn is that next tier imo...like Ive said, im going big or.going home. No second best settling for me this year...especially not because of need. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Screw that, gimmie Davenport 

I agree....Davenport, Hurst, Jackson, Wynn. A bunch of guys I would rather take...but some powerful voices in organization hate Dez Bryant. They want him gone. This completes the step in that direction.

Anyone who says Ridley or a WR in general. Slap yourself for not following the offseason.

It's a LB, or DL at this point. Even a safety like Justin Reid would be feasible. Unless it's Connor Williams. Williams is the only offensive player at this point that's acceptable.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Anyone who says Ridley or a WR in general. Slap yourself for not following the offseason.

It's a LB, or DL at this point. Even a safety like Justin Reid would be feasible. Unless it's Connor Williams. Williams is the only offensive player at this point that's acceptable.

Not following?  Ridley, Moore, Sutton and Kirk, two first rders and 2 on the bubble...all pre draft visits or in the case of Sutton a personal visit from Garrett. 10 spots remain open on pre draft visits. 

Given the pursuit of Watkins...the obvious feelings on Bryant, I think a WR in rd 1 is very much in play. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

You are letting the need dictate to you which player you select on a team that has so few super star caliber guys. Slap yourself.

Is WR a need with Hurns here now? No. But Dez is nearing 30, has 3 straight subpar statlines in a row due to injuries, and his cap hit is only getting worse. Ridley not only safeguards you for Dez's eventual release, be it this season or next, and insures you agaimst another Dez injury, but it also gives you arguably the top WR in the draft and a complete, week 1 impact player with said star potential.

Hurst, Wynn, Davenport, all sound good. But they are the next group of first round guys. Ridley easily should have been gone by now. He is one of the top players in.the whole draft. Passing on the star for the more pressing need or the more cookie-cutter fit is how we got Byron over Collins, Taco over Watt, and going further back, Felix over Johnson or Mendenhall.

Pick.the star caliber with the higher grade and.worry about fit and need later. You dont pass up chances to add a top player so you can address bigger needs with lesser players. Thats how a team goes 8-8 three straight years.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You guys don't think the SPARQ loving cowboys will like a 6'6" 265 lb. DE that ran a 4.5?

Hey, im all for the DE. But you cant argue that Ridley is a top weapon in the draft. The remaining.options are all the tops of the second tier of players...Ridley is part of that top group. If they went with the flash and potential over the much higher,.more complete, more pro ready, more star potential-ed player if this scenario played out in real world (never would, Ridley is going in the top 12) I would seriously question whether the FO was sharing a.crack pipe in the war room.

Archived