Say hello to the Titans new uniforms

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The little 'flag' on a lot of the numbers is supposed to represent the shape of the state of Tennessee. Font looks nice on some numbers and on some I don't like it as much. 8 is probably my least favorite which sucks as that is our franchise QB.

tennessee-state-map.jpg

how long do you think it was until they were like 

"Oh crap we just made a backward 1"

16 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The little 'flag' on a lot of the numbers is supposed to represent the shape of the state of Tennessee. Font looks nice on some numbers and on some I don't like it as much. 8 is probably my least favorite which sucks as that is our franchise QB.

tennessee-state-map.jpg

Really? I can see that with the top of the #1 but why have it on the bottom too? That would be a mirrored image of the State. I do agree that the font looks nice on other numbers though. I even like the 8. 

I like the dark blue jersey a lot.  As others have said, the numbers will take some getting used to, but it's nice to see something that is unique.  I would like to see them adopt the blue jersey and helmet and go with gray pants.  That would make a pretty cool combination.  I'm glad I like them because I may be seeing them quite a bit in the future.  Tennessee is high on my list of possible states in which to live when I "retire".  I'll always be a Vikings fan, though.

I'd say these are a solid first draft, wish they'd go back to tweak it slightly...maybe in a couple years.

• There is something off about the helmet, An updated or modified logo and/or a bigger logo would've helped.
    Or maybe a thicker "sword" stripe.
  • I think the two tone shoulder is a little goofy and muddies up that area. But they shape is sharp.
  • Colored pitstains are an unfortunate byproduct of giving the biggest design element to a neutral gray(s), but on the players is wasn't as bad as it looked with the leaks.
  • Font is odd, but so is the way with Nike designs.
  • Pants suck or don't really add anything. The sheath idea is an idea that sounded clever in a pitch meeting and should've stayed there probably.

Leotard look is on par with the rest of those looks in the league, just not a fan of it.
But with alternate colored pants  it's a solid look as just really a modern update to their look.

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Really? I can see that with the top of the #1 but why have it on the bottom too? That would be a mirrored image of the State. I do agree that the font looks nice on other numbers though. I even like the 8. 

It's not at the bottom, but it does look like it on the original picture in the thread of Byard. 

14 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

It's not at the bottom, but it does look like it on the original picture in the thread of Byard. 

Yeah I think that's just by design because you can see the same pattern at the each end of the 3 as well.

CoVt3f2.png

Nonetheless though, like I said, they look great.

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

How many uniform changes has there been since Nike took over? Don't think I've liked a single one yet.

Jags, Seahawks, Dolphins, Vikings, Bucs, Browns Lions, Titans, and we'll have the Jags and Dolphins again this year. And then the Rams and Browns within the next couple of years.
So 8 soon to be 10

I think they are 50/50

Vikings have a great set with the only thing being a little wonky of a font.
Lions are a a solid refinement and a good uni set.
Seahawks grew on a lot of people and helped define that team. If they switched the numbers to white it'd look way better.

Titans are ok here in the middle, looked better on the player in the video. 
Browns went very gimmicky and ditched the one thing their set had which was tradition. They are fine I guess, but not great.

Bucs dropped the ball and are a mess. Good helmet though. 
Dolphins new identity with the toothpaste dolphin was dead on arrival. They are reportedly going to be changing something up. Their retro set is great.
Jags (2012/current set) Besides the garbage fire of a helmet, uniform was a bit overdesigned, but an ok look. We'll see if they get it right in a couple weeks.

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Jags, Seahawks, Dolphins, Vikings, Bucs, Lions, Titans, and we'll have the Jags and Dolphins again soon.
So 7 soon to be 9

I think they are 50/50

Vikings have a great set with the only thing being a little wonky of a font.
Lions are a a solid refinement and a good uni set.
Seahawks grew on a lot of people and helped define that team. If they switched the numbers to white it'd look way better.

Titans are ok here in the middle, looked better on the player in the video. 

Bucs dropped the ball and are a mess. Good helmet though. 
Dolphins new identity with the toothpaste dolphin was dead on arrival. They are reportedly going to be changing something up. Their retro set is great.
Jags (2012/current set) Besides the garbage fire of a helmet, uniform was a bit overdesigned, but an ok look. We'll see if they get it right in a couple weeks.

Cleveland got new unis in 2015. The Rams are changing soon as well.

Archived