Howie Simulator April 2k18: A Draft Game

Kiltman

Ok so we are only 3 weeks away from the draft
(Man, time flies when you are the champs)

And the eagles are currently sitting at like no salary cap and not a full deck of draft picks.
Now the good news is we have a huge part of our ore locked up for years, with only a couple of guys needing new deals in the next two years.
Oh and we won the Super Bowl...so overall things are sweet.

But I ask you, disciples of Trollsmen, as you sit today...what would you do this month as Howie?

tr3Iz5Y.png

You get to enter and embody that genius mind/body/soul until the clock strikes midnight at the end of April. So any pre-draft moves, draft weekend moves, or filling holes post draft are all yours.
(for arguments sake we can say you wait until the end of the comp pick period at the beginning of May if it's relevant to your plan)

We will be going off of the mock in the second post

We seemingly have less than a mil in cap and these are our draft picks...
Draft_Picks_615_031418.jpg

For the copy/pasters:
Round 1 (32nd Overall)
Round 4 (130th Overall)
Round 4 (132nd Overall
Round 5 (169th Overall)
Round 6 (206th Overall)
Round 7 (250th Overall)

So the chest is a little empty but we have some vets we could move, trade picks, whatever you want...
It's all up to you Mr. Manager!

Please keep you post concise to one timeline there is no theoretical here you gotta make the move and stick with it.
So don't post 5 ideas of what could happen in one post. If you want to post multiple go ahead, but state which is your top one.
If you change your mind  before the draft, post again and detail what made you change your mind.
And be subject to ridicule for not emulating the always right Howie well.

Our Mock Draft...I just ripped this from Walterfootball...it's more or less how I could see it going down>
I think The Dolphins and Saints will move up if they are taking a QB. I think the Bengals are maybe a spot for Lamar..but at any rate these are the guys off the board. If you have major objections bring them up in your post.

TRADES: billsb_logo.gifgiantsb_logo.gif (Giants stupidly commit to Eli Trade)
Bills acquire: No. 2 overall (2,600 points) = 2,600 points 
Giants acquire: Nos. 12 (1,200 points), 22 (780 points), 56 (340 points), 65 (265) = 2,585 points 

1. brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming Wyoming_logo.gif 
  2. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Sam Darnold, QB, USC USC_logo.gif 
  3. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets (IND): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA  UCLA_logo.gif 
  4. brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns (Hou): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn StatePennState_logo.gif
  5. broncosb_logo.gif Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre DameNotreDame_logo.gif
  6. coltsb_logo.gif Indianapolis Colts (NYJ): Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C.StateNCState_logo.gif 
  7. Bucsb_logo.gif Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James, S, Florida StateFloridaState_logo.gif 
  8. bearsb_logo.gif Chicago Bears: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia TechVirginiaTech_logo.gif 
  9. 49ersb_logo.gif San Francisco 49ers: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio StateOhioState_logo.gif
  10. raidersb_logo.gif Oakland Raiders: Vita Vea, NT, WashingtonWashington_logo.gif 
  11. dolphinsb_logo.gif Miami Dolphins: Baker Mayfield, QB, OklahomaOklahoma_logo.gif
  12. giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants (Cin via Buf): Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San AntonioTexasSanAntonio_logo.gif 
  13. redskinsb_logo.gif Washington Redskins: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif 
  14. packersb_logo.gif Green Bay Packers: Jaire Alexander, CB, LouisvilleLouisville_logo.gif 
  15. cardinalsb_logo.gif Arizona Cardinals: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre DameNotreDame_logo.gif 
  16. ravensb_logo.gif Baltimore Ravens: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
  17. chargersb_logo.gif Los Angeles Chargers: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise StateBoiseState_logo.gif 
  18. seahawksb_logo.gif Seattle Seahawks: Isaiah Wynn, G/C, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif 
  19. cowboysb_logo.gif Dallas Cowboys: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif 
  20. lionsb_logo.gif Detroit Lions: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa Iowa_logo.gif
  21. bengalsb_logo.gif Cincinnati Bengals (Buf): James Daniels, C, Iowa Iowa_logo.gif 
  22. giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants (KC via Buf): Courtland Sutton, WR, SMUSMU_logo.gif 
  23. patriotsb_logo.gif New England Patriots (LAR): D.J. Moore, WR, MarylandMaryland_logo.gif
  24. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio StateOhioState_logo.gif
  25. titansb_logo.gif Tennessee Titans: Harold Landry, DE/OLB, Boston CollegeBostonCollege_logo.gif
  26. falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida Florida_logo.gif
  27. saintsb_logo.gif New Orleans Saints: Lamar Jackson, QB, LouisvilleLouisville_logo.gif
  28. steelersb_logo.gif Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
  29. jaguarsb_logo.gif Jacksonville Jaguars: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif 
  30. vikingsb_logo.gif Minnesota Vikings: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP UTEP_logo.gif 
  31. patriotsb_logo.gif New England Patriots: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA UCLA_logo.gif
  32. eaglesb_logo.gif ?????????????????????????????????????????????

Who we got in Round 1? Or will the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles be taking a strategic trade back
(note: If you want to move up for a guy selected that's ok, but make sure the trade value works out and state your trade)

THIS IS A FULL MOCK, so give it some thought and fill out all the picks

for additional rounds you can use the same mock (link) used to formulate round 1 to get a gist, but we'll play a little looser with the who's on the board and when. 

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I thought about calling this Ready Player Juan, but figured it'd be more obvious what it was with the current title

I just wanted to photoshop the greatest coordinator in Eagles history again :(

Kinda sad you didn’t, but cool concept nevertheless 

14 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Trade back to 47 with AZ who wants to get Mason Rudolph before Giants/Patriots in the 2nd round 

Deal 

Give up 32 

Get 47, conditional pick in 2019 

Selection: Jessie Bates WF Safety 

a conditional pick trade for a draft pick makes no sense my man. they got to give real assets. 

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

At that point I'm probably going with:

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

This is what has my jorts triggered for explosion.

As for anything else? Just draft a good blocker at tight end like Schultz or Smythe any other pick can be anyone who cares. We the champs. 

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

A popular choice, what else do we do?

I really really think they're going to look to add more mid round picks. Unless someone falls inexplicably and they're too tempted to just sit and pick. 

I think a team in the top half of round 1 who missed out on a QB could look to get back in for a guy like Mason Rudolph.

21 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seems plausible, what happens with the rest of it @nlesthought?

Round 2 47 Jessie Bates S - WF - Justin Reid off the board, need some versatility in the defensive backfield

Round 4 130 Bo Scarborough RB - Bama - Big back to replace Blount

Round 4 132 Chris Herndon TE - Miami - Senior captain played in various spots  

Round 5 169 Brandon Parker OT - North Carolina A&T - long arms, huge, project 

Round 6 206 Levi Wallace CB - Bama - played some nickel 

Round 7 250 Mike Love DE - USF - quick burst, great motor 

I wouldn't trade any veteran assets (Darby/Kendricks) with all the injuries we had this past season. Its not a wow/jorts destroying draft but selecting at the end of every round I don't see many moves unless those assets are moved or packaged together. I literally ran two scenarios this and we package picks both 4s to move up

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

a conditional pick trade for a draft pick makes no sense my man. they got to give real assets. 

Not sure why you would say an extra pick in 2019 isn't a real asset. I didn't give parameters on the conditional aspect of it. Realistically speaking its probably 1-3 considering we would move back 15 spots. 

I don't even know if I'm taking a shot on a guy like Scarborough until the 6th-7th. Even in a ridiculously crowded backfield with limited touches he still couldn't avoid a nasty injury history. I'd much rather take a shot on John Kelly, Royce Freeman or Josh Adams.

9 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Not sure why you would say an extra pick in 2019 isn't a real asset. I didn't give parameters on the conditional aspect of it. Realistically speaking its probably 1-3 considering we would move back 15 spots. 

you dont put conditions on a unknown quantity like a draft pick. If you are willing to hedge your bets on a player to get you a better pick then just draft him yourself. 

Archived