Howie Simulator April 2k18: A Draft Game

Kiltman

Guice.

Its odd that people dont bring up RB as a need considering that it seems to be a general consensus that Ajayi wont be back after next season. (*Quick note on that: I actually could absolutely see a midseason Ajayi extension. Some thing like 4 yrs/15 million/8 guaranteed.) But even so, we should still go for RB with our first pick if Guice is there. Or Michel. 

If we end up going RB with one of our 4ths or with a 3rd or so rounder from a trade, I just want to go ahead and throw out my homer running back prospect that I want in Philly:

Kalen Ballage. Hes a bad dude. Has the size/skillet that would be a beautiful fit in our offense with Clement and Ajayi. 

6'2 228 lbs....hes a powerful downhill runner, but has that rare burst also that you dont see in guys his size often. Hes explosive and powerful all at once. Oh! And he can catch passes! Soft hands, great on check downs, and he is actually a good route runner for a RB. Reminds me a bit of David Johnson just as a prospect. 

Maybe its my ASU bias. But I reallly love the guy

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I do wonder what Howie will do this year I mean there is likely to not be anyone with a first round grade that falls to us a 32. Most draft guys only have around 20 as first rounders this year. 

I think Hurst might be the only guy who might, or one of the Wideouts

46 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

meh if you told me you had no wideout wiht a first round grade i'd believe you.

that's fair..they are kinda like the QBs. All of them have question marks, if you see the potential and love it you rate it higher.

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Why would you want Gesicki on a power running team? 

For me its about being able to utilize two TE's sets more often, especially in Redzone. Gesicki and Ertz together would be a mismatch nightmare for teams in the redzone. The Added bonus both can easily line up at Slot on occasion as well. I know the power running thing and understand it, but at the same time, we don't have the RB's to sustain that momentum. Ajayi might only be here another year and the knees are a huge issue. Clement, Will be fine, and i think will thrive as a #2 RB, but i don't see another RB on the roster who can be a true #1 RB. Past next season, and i don't feel eagles will draft a RB they should in Guice. So I feel they need to get another Weapon/Security Blanket to help Wentz, as well as help Ertz not be on the field as much and risk injury. 

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

For me its about being able to utilize two TE's sets more often, especially in Redzone. Gesicki and Ertz together would be a mismatch nightmare for teams in the redzone. The Added bonus both can easily line up at Slot on occasion as well. I know the power running thing and understand it, but at the same time, we don't have the RB's to sustain that momentum. Ajayi might only be here another year and the knees are a huge issue. Clement, Will be fine, and i think will thrive as a #2 RB, but i don't see another RB on the roster who can be a true #1 RB. Past next season, and i don't feel eagles will draft a RB they should in Guice. So I feel they need to get another Weapon/Security Blanket to help Wentz, as well as help Ertz not be on the field as much and risk injury. 

why would they go away from what just won them a superbowl? that doesnt make a lot of sense. We'll draft a back this year for sure. 

Archived