Howie Simulator April 2k18: A Draft Game

Kiltman

On 4/14/2018 at 2:32 AM, BAConrad said:

Its odd that people dont bring up RB as a need considering that it seems to be a general consensus that Ajayi wont be back after next season.

I think because in general you don't have to draft an early RB (I voted Guice, FWIW). We had a stable of RBs that included a veteran free agent (Blount), a trade (Ajayi), and an undrafted rookie (Clement) and we won the freaking Super Bowl. Nowhere in that calculation was there a first round RB. Nowhere last year did we even need a first round RB.

You can find RBs anywhere in the draft. Blount, Ajayi, and Clement are living testaments to that.

5 minutes ago, Phire said:
On 4/14/2018 at 3:32 AM, BAConrad said:

Its odd that people dont bring up RB as a need considering that it seems to be a general consensus that Ajayi wont be back after next season.

I think because in general you don't have to draft an early RB (I voted Guice, FWIW). We had a stable of RBs that included a veteran free agent (Blount), a trade (Ajayi), and an undrafted rookie (Clement) and we won the freaking Super Bowl. Nowhere in that calculation was there a first round RB. Nowhere last year did we even need a first round RB.

You can find RBs anywhere in the draft. Blount, Ajayi, and Clement are living testaments to that.

Yea it's definitely something we should invest in, but thinking about it more it seems kinda silly to draft one of them at #32 with how deep the class is.
I mean we have the luxury to take whatever pretty much so I certainly won't be mad about it.

But if we moved back and got like a Hughes if he drops or a Chark and got a guy in the 3rd or 4th I think it'd be a better way to go. The fall off in those other positions is much greater.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:27 PM, ninjapirate said:

this is a great punter draft if we have  the extra pick we probably should. 

They love the punter they have now.
There won't be one drafted.

They'll sit at 32 until anyone they like, mostly James Daniels, gets picked.
Then they will try to trade down.

Bet.

6 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

They love the punter they have now.
There won't be one drafted.

They'll sit at 32 until anyone they like, mostly James Daniels, gets picked.
Then they will try to trade down.

Bet.

one of the draftable punters is from florida you know howie wants his gator. 

Archived