Jordan Matthews signs one year deal with Patriots

DoleINGout

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How is this a precursor move to a Gronk trade? There is nothing that correlates. This is a flyer pick up at best. 

If Matthews sticks he will stretch the field a bit from the slot because he is tall and fast. It's just a thought that they will acquire these littlw pieces as a backup plan in the event of a trade of that magnitude just to protect themselves a little bit.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

He, Dorsett, and Britt vying for that roster spot. Solid signing with a little potential. 

He’s better than Britt and Dorsett as a receiver IMO.

My grandmother's corpse is better than Britt/Dorsett.

10 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Signing a JAG WR is a precursor to trading the best tight end of all time?

Its more to do with his position, (slot), size, (tall), and the combination of signing Troy Nikolas and not cutting Dwayne Allen. On top of the rumors, it is just my observation that it seems like they are building around the potential loss of Gronk.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Its more to do with his position, (slot), size, (tall), and the combination of signing Troy Nikolas and not cutting Dwayne Allen. On top of the rumors, it is just my observation that it seems like they are building around the potential loss of Gronk.

Yeah, I just don't think signing two guys who are long shots to make the rosters has anything to do with the Gronk scenario. If they thought there was any chance Gronk was going anywhere, I doubt they would have moved a weapon like Cooks.

1 minute ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yeah, I just don't think signing two guys who are long shots to make the rosters has anything to do with the Gronk scenario. If they thought there was any chance Gronk was going anywhere, I doubt they would have moved a weapon like Cooks.

I think Cooks was moved more likely due to their disinterest in signing him long term and because he is limited in what he offered them. The only correlation between them is that they each can stretch the field.

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Cooks was moved more likely due to their disinterest in signing him long term and because he is limited in what he offered them.

If this were true, they wouldn't have tried to extend him. They were interested, the price was just too high.

Archived