Dolphins Sign Jay Cutler

CWood21

Has the potential to be decent for the Dolphins.  Jay Cutler back with Adam Gase is one positive; another positive there are a lot of people who have low expectations for Cutler so he does not have a ton of pressure on him.  Gase will put Cutler in the best position possible to succeed and the Dolphins do have some weapons in their receiving core.  It's also only a one year deal, so it's not like the Dolphins are committed long term.  Win-win for both sides.

29 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Still no word what Tannehill is going to do (surgery or try to nurse it to be ready by the start of the season). Good insurance either way.

Well paying $10 million to get a guy out of retirement certainly seems to point how the Dolphins are thinking it will go.

I actually don't think that this will be a train wreck from an on the field perspective. I don't think that there would be a huge overall drop off in the play between Tannehill and Cutler. My question is whether or not Cutler can make it through an entire season. You don't hear it mentioned enough - the guy has had some bumps and bruises the last few years. 

For the hate that Cutler gets, you'd think he was absolutely terrible. He can be a solid starting QB and it was an obvious move for Miami with Gase and Cutler having extensive time together with two other teams. I could see this working out good to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

In thinking this is a dead on sign that Tannehill is done for the year - and it might be the end of the Tannehill era all together.

Cutler doesn't sign for a backup role or a competition.

But he does sign for one year.

Archived