Artificial Intelligence: Are You Concerned?

cddolphin

AI  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on AI?

• AI could very well turn into an existential threat if humans aren't careful
    • AI could lead to big problems, but it's nothing we can't handle as a species
    • AI fear is overblown, any problems should be minimal and easily overcome
    • Fears about AI? People were worried about Y2K too. It will only bring good, any problems will be human error

Am I concerned that we’re creating a superior species to ourselves that could end up having no use for us and view us as an overall destructive force for their planet? Nooooooooooo. Nor am I too scared to make a negative post about AI because the first people they’ll eliminate are all the people who spoke out against AI. It’s gonna be fiiiiiiiiiine

Simple answer is no.  I had a conversation on this subject once with someone who was smarter than I'll ever be plus at least two generations of me if I ever have kids, and e assured me it's not possible the way people suggest it is.  I trusted his layman's terms explanation.

I'm not concerned that AI will take over the world by itself, but I am concerned that the world will be so different because of AI and virtual reality stuff that I would rather become one of those off-the-grid guys who lives in a wooden shack in the middle of nowhere if I could. People right now who complain about technology have no idea how basic it is compared to what it might be in a few decades.

It feels like the only thing we can say for sure is that it will dramatically change people's lives, just as every technological improvement over history has. Not sure if AI will threaten humans as much as human might hurt themselves, as we through history have and still continue to. But overall I'd say that possible technological positives will always outweigh the negatives.

I’m always nice to my electronics and appliances, just in case. Vacuum clogs up? No worries bro, you don’t wanna work today that’s not my concern. Electric garage opener decides it’s gonna start working at half speed when I want to open the door? That’s fine my man, work at your own pace.

If ish kicks off I’m tryna be on the right side of history.

Haha no.  Having seen how these kind of advance AI programs are put together, there's no reason to worry any time soon.  People are just scared of it because they don't understand it.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’m always nice to my electronics and appliances, just in case. Vacuum clogs up? No worries bro, you don’t wanna work today that’s not my concern. Electric garage opener decides it’s gonna start working at half speed when I want to open the door? That’s fine my man, work at your own pace.

If ish kicks off I’m tryna be on the right side of history.

I’m about the opposite, remote not working, I’ll press the buttons a little harder thinking the dang thing will work if I do that. 

AI robots will end up killing me because of that.

Archived