Worst NFL Seasons

footbull3196

What are the worst NFL seasons that you can remember

For me, 2015 was straight awful.  Every game was 52-49 or 47-14 or 38-35 or 40-12. Just a horrible season for football.  Most memorable moment was our kicker missing a chip shot field goal

Also 2006 was garbage too.  Whenever I think back to the 2000s decade as a whole, I usually ignore 2006 completely.  Nothing good happened that year aside from the AFC Championship Game

Oh and 1987 was probably the worst year the NFL has ever seen.  Replacement scabs playing for significant portions of the season and a horrible super bowl to top it off.  But the worst part of all of it was that John elways 19 TD 12 INT won freaking MVP over Jerry Rice's 22 TDs in 12 games.  Can't explain any of this

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

2008. A 9 win team hosted a 9 win team in a conference championship game 

Don't forget about the 8-8 chargers hosting the 12-4 colts in the wild card game. All of this while the 11-5 patriots were being forced to sit at home and watch the playoffs

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

All of this while the 11-5 patriots were being forced to sit at home and watch the playoffs

B|

2007 was the worst for me. Dolphins went 1-15, Ronnie Brown shattered his knee, Ricky Williams returned and promptly tore his pectoral, and we got a hefty dose of Cleo Lemon and John Beck.. and on top of that NE went 19-1 and shattered records.

2015 was awful.

-Injuries  to some of my favorites players (Jordy, Bell, Keenan, Edelman).

-Super Bowl was snooze fest

-Play all around the league was down.

-Oh, and the Chargers sucked balls.

On flip side, 2004, 2007, and 2011 were the most enjoyable years I have had as a fan. Granted, the Chargers sucked in 2011, but the playoffs were fun and watching peak Brees, Brady, and Rodgers light up the league was great. 

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

For me, 2015 was straight awful.

Also 2006 was garbage too.  Whenever I think back to the 2000s decade as a whole, I usually ignore 2006 completely.  Nothing good happened that year

Screw you too! >:(:P

I'll agree with you on 2015 though.

1989 comes to mind. The AFC was a complete mess, only the Broncos had double digit wins and ten of the fourteen teams finished within a game of .500. Two playoff teams (Oilers and Steelers) had a combined point differential of minus 108. Virtually no memorable playoff games (other than the Rams-Giants wild card overtime thriller) and the most one-sided Super Bowl in history.

2000 also comes to mind - unmemorable season, snoozer playoffs.

Archived