Saints sign WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

IF they don't match, I would love to grab either DJ Moore or Christian Kirk in the 2nd, but I doubt either of those guys would even still be there. We did just have Cortland Sutton in for a top 30 visit, but he doesn't seem to match what Nagy looks for.

Idk. Sutton physically compares to Allen Robinson quite well IMO. Much of the same play style too. Robinson is a much better route runner (shock shock) but that is up to coaching to bring that about just like with Robinson when he was drafted. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not matching, per Schefter. Legit shocked. Seems like a mistake to me. 

I agree, I just can't see why they wouldn't. It's home grown talent which fits the system and we have the cap space.

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not matching, per Schefter. Legit shocked. Seems like a mistake to me. 

Hoge just tweeted out my thoughts on this. We are one A-Rob injury away from the same depth chart as last year. WR now a top 2 need going into the draft

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I agree, I just can't see why they wouldn't. It's home grown talent which fits the system and we have the cap space.

Very curious for the next move. Does this mean more Cohen in the slot (which probably means another relevant RB)? Higher draft pick? FA bridge (Maclin? Inman? Aiken?) and a mid-rounder? Is it a statement on what we have at other positions where we presume a high draft priority (namely OL)? Gotta think he makes a statement at some point but this is gonna be an interesting few weeks now until these questions get answered at the draft. 

Wow. I am disappoint.

That being said... the voice in the back of my head always wondered if Meredith was a fit in Nagy's offense. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but what does he really do exceptionally well? Play the slot? We have Burton getting paid a lot of money for that.

I think Pace and Nagy have evaluated this draft class and have someone in mind to bring in as Cam's replacement. Still... sucks for the kid.

You know this move isn’t THAT surprising seeing as how coaches like Andy Reid and Doug Pederson have largely taken a platoon approach to the WR position.

Granted, Meredith would have been part of that platoon, but the impression I’ve always gotten is that their system wants to rely on multiple average WRs rather than one or two receivers who are or could be exceptional.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Wow. I am disappoint.

That being said... the voice in the back of my head always wondered if Meredith was a fit in Nagy's offense. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but what does he really do exceptionally well? Play the slot? We have Burton getting paid a lot of money for that.

I think Pace and Nagy have evaluated this draft class and have someone in mind to bring in as Cam's replacement. Still... sucks for the kid.

I don’t think it sucks for Cam. He’s getting the same $ to get single coverage and catch passes from Drew Brees. 

Agree about the draft though, and specifically the success of lower round pick WR in this offense. If they saw Cam as just a slot I think there are several guys in the mid rounds of this draft (plus Cohen) who can make a year 1 impact there. 

This is going to open back up all the Calvin Ridley stuff again too. 

Still though, just legit shocked. 

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

You know this move isn’t THAT surprising seeing as how coaches like Andy Reid and Doug Pederson have largely taken a platoon approach to the WR position.

Granted, Meredith would have been part of that platoon, but the impression I’ve always gotten is that their system wants to rely on multiple average WRs rather than one or two receivers who are or could be exceptional.

This is a really good point. Outside of Maclin who was never really a #1 KC excelled without any top picks at WR (or RB actually). 

Archived