Packers Big Board #13

Packerraymond

Who is the 13th player on the Packers Big Board?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 13th player on the Packers Big Board?

• Mike Hughes
    • Josh Jackson
    • Vita Vea
    • Taven Bryan
    • Rashaan Evans
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Will Hernandez
    • Connor Williams
    • Derrius Guice

Jaire got to 10 first, he gets the #12 spot. On to #13.

#1 - Bradley Chubb [DE; NC State]

#2 - Saquon Barkley [RB; Penn State]

#3 - Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]

#4 - Derwin James [S; Florida State]

#5 - Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]

#6 - Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]

#7 - Marcus Davenport [EDGE; UTSA]

#8 - Harold Landry [EDGE; Boston College]

#9 - Quenton Nelson [OG; Notre Dame]

#10 - Roquan Smith [ILB; Georgia]

#11 - Leighton Vander Esch [LB; Boise State]

#12 - Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

Enough of the tiny  short  CBs.  The next CB on the Packers fit list is Carlton Davis.

But the next best talent on the big board should be Vita Vea.

This is my story and I'm sticking with it.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I think Vea is better at football than anyone else on that board.  It's not a need for GB, but at this point, it's hard to pass on that talent.

What do people like most about him? I've gone back to re-watch him to see if I can upgrade him for being a 3 down player and I just see no rusher potential. The Penn State game he's allergic to the backfield.

I think we're doing a lot of projection watching him move and seeing the athlete he is and hoping he can rush the passer. I have Taven Bryan higher on my Packer board.

7 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Enough of the tiny CBs.  The next CB on the Packers fit list is Carlton Davis.

But the next best talent on the big board should be Vita Vea.

This is my story and I'm sticking with it.

Short is a better word, have you seen how Alexander and Hughes are built? Not tiny people by any means. That's part of the reason I like them so much. They're stronger than most WRs, thus their size doesn't hurt them.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

think Vea might be the most overrated player in the draft.  Maurice Hurst should go before him in the draft, pending medical.

Like the one thing we don't need on defense is a nose tackle.

Drafting for need in the 1st round is akin to chasing your tail.  Slippery slope.  Has to be value, if it fits need? all the better.

Of the remaining players I would put Hughes #13 and Jackson #14 and then not have to worry about it since only 13 players will be taken before #14.

Like didn't the Packers have an official visit with Hughes?  I think that signals they did not disqualify him for his height.  Jackson meets the height requirement straight up.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Drafting for need in the 1st round is akin to chasing your tail.  Slippery slope.  Has to be value, if it fits need? all the better.

think "don't draft things you don't need and won't use" is just sensible policy.  I mean, if the top player on the board when Green Bay picks is Josh Rosen, are you going to spend #14 on a QB?

Clark is a better player than Vea and they play the same position.  Vea just gets buzz because he's huge and fast, but he's not explosive at all.- he's just a space eater.

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Of the remaining players I would put Hughes #13 and Jackson #14 and then not have to worry about it since only 13 players will be taken before #14.

Like didn't the Packers have an official visit with Hughes?  I think that signals they did not disqualify him for his height.  Jackson meets the height requirement straight up.

Or maybe for some of them, they have a 5'8 guy from the office walk around with the guy to see how tall he is when he isn't stretching his neck as far as it will go to make himself 5'10 5/8.

To this day, I will swear to you that Chase Daniel is not 6'0.  

Archived