Saints sign Bears WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

44 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Which tender did the Bears put on him?

They put the original round tender - which mean no compensation if they don't decide to match, as he's a UFA.   This was a pretty obvious mistake, as the original round tender was 1.9M and the 2nd round tender was 2.9M.  So they did this to save 1M when they were flush with cap space.  

If NO was really on the ball, they'd have put a no-tag part on the deal, so it's harder for CHI to decide where to go, as it's a 2-years-and-done deal barring a new extension.   Because with Watkins (EDIT: ARob), Gabriel and Burton signed, it's now making CHI pay 9.6M/2 years for likely their 3rd option at best, and possibly their 4th or 5th.   They can afford it, but now they have to decide whether it's worth it  when they are likely not featuring him to a role that's worth the $.   It's why I said before it was a mistake to go cheap to save 1M, especially on a team with such cap space to begin with.

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They put the original round tender - which mean no compensation if they don't decide to match, as he's a UFA.   This was a pretty obvious mistake, as the original round tender was 1.9M and the 2nd round tender was 2.9M.  So they did this to save 1M when they were flush with cap space.  

If NO was really on the ball, they'd have put a no-tag part on the deal, so it's harder for CHI to decide where to go, as it's a 2-years-and-done deal barring a new extension.   Because with Watkins, Gabriel and Burton signed, it's now making CHI pay 9.6M/2 years for likely their 3rd option at best, and possibly their 4th or 5th.   They can afford it, but now they have to decide whether it's worth it  when they are likely not featuring him to a role that's worth the $.   It's why I said before it was a mistake to go cheap to save 1M, especially on a team with such cap space to begin with.

Meredith would be our 2 not our 3 or 4.  They like him a lot, i expect this to be matched quickly bc its not a bad deal again.  For as much as you think the Bears made a mistake, the tags have worked out pretty much according to plan.

25 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Hopefully the bears let him go because he deserves to play with a good QB. 

Lol we are one year into the Mitch tru experience and you already wanna write him off?

Just now, Tyty said:

Lol we are one year into the Mitch tru experience and you already wanna write him off?

No idea how Mitch Trubisky will turn out, hopefully well for bears fans because ya'll deserve a good QB for once.

I just want to see him do well for fantasy purposes and Brees>Trubisky for that reason.

12 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

No idea how Mitch Trubisky will turn out, hopefully well for bears fans because ya'll deserve a good QB for once.

I just want to see him do well for fantasy purposes and Brees>Trubisky for that reason.

Drew Bree's is 39. How much of a future is meredith going to have with him lol

Archived