Jamarco Jones?

buckeyesNut0623

Am I the only one who thinks Jamarco will be the steal of the draft? Nobody is showing him love and he had a great year and I think he is one of the most under rated players in this draft.  We could get him for our late 2nd or maybe trade up into the 3rd, too. This might be my homer glasses with false optimism but I kinda like what I see with him in a really weak OT group in this class. 

Joe Marino or Kyle Crabbs on NDT scouting feels similarly to you. He says Jamarco is criminally under rated. I personally think his ceiling is a Levi Jones or Marvel Smith type left tackle. Floor is middle of the pack right tackle.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I have watched every Buckeye game he's played in, and he only strikes me as a serviceable NFL player at best. He never struck me as a great prospect. Pat Elflein was great. Jones never stood out to me.

I’ll agree as a homer that Jones never stood out. The interior guards have looked noticeably better in the past few years. Butttt with that being said, I wonder how much that has to do with JT at the QB spot. We were rarely dropping back in a true NFL sense to throw the ball.

With that being said, Jones didn’t stand out as a bookend to me at any point of his OSU career. I would take him back 10 times out of 10 but not too sure about him being the “steal of the draft”. Guy will probably have a NFL career but I think he be a guy that will have to work hard to become a quality  starter. 

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Good but not great. A Shon Coleman type of prospect, I’d say. I think he will be a decent starter for someone but never a pro bowl type guy. Probably a mid-2nd type of guy.

Yup, anyone who says otherwise is just a homer.

4 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

I’ll agree as a homer that Jones never stood out. The interior guards have looked noticeably better in the past few years. Butttt with that being said, I wonder how much that has to do with JT at the QB spot. We were rarely dropping back in a true NFL sense to throw the ball.

With that being said, Jones didn’t stand out as a bookend to me at any point of his OSU career. I would take him back 10 times out of 10 but not too sure about him being the “steal of the draft”. Guy will probably have a NFL career but I think he be a guy that will have to work hard to become a quality  starter. 

And that's a fair thought. I think competition is another factor worth consideration. I actually watched Elflein extremely close because he and I were partners for all our class projects at OSU for a semester. That dude took care of business, man. Whenever the pass rush was on, it was never because of Pat...I didn't get that vibe wit Jamarco.

a tackle I really like is Kolton Miller. Dude had a pretty good year blocking Rosen's blindside and IMO a really good athlete for his size. 6'8 309 ran a 4.95 40 and set a combine record Broad jump for tackles at 10'1. He had a pretty good career at UCLA

42 minutes ago, buno67 said:

a tackle I really like is Kolton Miller. Dude had a pretty good year blocking Rosen's blindside and IMO a really good athlete for his size. 6'8 309 ran a 4.95 40 and set a combine record Broad jump for tackles at 10'1. He had a pretty good career at UCLA

I like him too, but somewhere around picks 33 or 35, not much higher.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I've looked into him more, and I think we shouldn't be fooled by his athletic capabilities. He's the Josh Allen of linemen in this draft. I'll be very disappointed if we take him.

Archived