Redskins trade for Kevin Hogan

Brian23

“Not everybody sees what I see in Colt. I’m one of Colt’s biggest fans, actually,” Gruden said  http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Gruden-Happy-As-Heck-Colt-McCoy-Is-Back-With-The-Redskins/e5431188-7eaf-4000-a581-b993975e0d12

Dumbo is probably wondering it everyone will now see 

giphy.gif

and Cooley

"Cooley said, according to the Washington Post. “I would put Colt McCoy theoretically in the top 32 quarterbacks in the league. I think there are six teams he could start for this year.”

Cooley appeared to say that McCoy could start for the Los Angeles Rams, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets"

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/chris-cooley-colt-mccoy-top-32-nfl-quarterback

23040090.gif

stupid, smart.. < shrugs > 

Fun to call names, but these people are pulling in some serious coin, and livin' the life.

Maybe you are too, but bottom line is stupid/smart? meh, seems to hardly matter, in the grand scheme. Give me the money, power, and happiness.. and being a rich moron doesn't seem all that... bad.. or consequential. 

Image result for breakfast club gif

Love it more, if they just go ahead and cut McCoy for the cap room. Face it, if the QB1 goes down, the team isn't going anywhere... and most don't really feel the team is going anywhere WITH that QB1... so save the 3 mil and move along. 

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Eh, this is Kevin Hogan we're talking about.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       8 1 0-1-0 60 101 59.4 621 4 4.0 7 6.9 49 6.1 3.8 10.4 77.6 61.5   8 45 5.28 3.13 7.3     2
2016 24 CLE   8 4 0   14 26 53.8 104 0 0.0 2 7.7 17 4.0 0.5 7.4 26.0 31.6 64.1 2 10 3.36 0.14 7.1     1
2017 25 CLE qb 8 4 1 0-1-0 46 75 61.3 517 4 5.3 5 6.7 49 6.9 5.0 11.2 129.3 71.9 38.7 6 35 5.95 4.16 7.4     1

This guy?

C'mon Woz...Posting Cleveland Browns stats??? Thats no fair.

A young QB in our system is much more valuable than Colt McCoy for $3M. Plus, if we're at the point that Colt McCoy is getting starts, we're out of it already.

I seriously doubt they cut Mccoy. Gruden likes McCoy and for good reason, he’s proven before he can be a good back up in Gruden’s offense. McCoy isn’t likely to be a long term answer but he is a reliable veteran who knows our offense better than anyone on the offense. He’s also a great leader with a lot of moxy, I don’t think there’s any way McCoy isn’t on the roster.  

9 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

A young QB in our system is much more valuable than Colt McCoy for $3M. Plus, if we're at the point that Colt McCoy is getting starts, we're out of it already.

And what are you going to do? Post Colt McCoy’s CLE stats as a rebuttal?

Because McCoy’s 2014 stats in Gruden’s offense look pretty good, especially when you consider he’s our back up.

McCoy is an average NFL Qb. If we draft a good running back and our defense plays better this year, McCoy has proven he can  lead this team and put it in position to get some victories. 

At this point, Mccoy is much more valuable than an upproven project qb. I like the Hogan trade because we got a young qb to develop with some potential w/o having to give up a draft pick but come on, let’s not lose our sanity here. 

20 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

No one is campaigning for him to be the starter, but absolutely I would trust him over Noodle-arm to be our back-up QB. Especially with the price tag difference.

The noodle arm back up knows the offense better than any player on this offense, he’s a great leader and the players love playing for him. Despite McCoy not having good arm strength he still has the ability to make most of the throws necessary to be an effective qb and much like Alex Smith, McCoy is very athletic and makes a lot of off-schedule plays. 

I understood why no one wanted him to be the starter - except for Lavar703 instead of trading for Alex Smth - but McCoy is a good back up and has proven he can play well in this offense before.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:33 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

Since that's the only team has played for now, what was I supposed to do?

Keep in mind this was a guy the Browns were looking to dump.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, Doc Draper said:

Practice squad eligible? If not then Colt gone via trade or release 

hate quoting myself- sorry lol

My point is if he is either: 1. practice squad eligible  or 2. we are dumping Colt, this was a wasteful  trade. 

Archived