Redskins trade a 6th to Cleveland for a 6th and Kevin Hogan

Brian23

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Not a great return but a small return on players they didn't intend on keeping anyway so, small win.

Indeed. Getting something for those guys is better than nothing. Still, I feel like McCourty was traded too cheaply for the Browns. Flipside, Browns probably got away with a steal for Hogan.

Fun fact - DEN’s and now all 3 CLE 2017 QB’s have been acquired in trade.   Shows what being cheap means value wise.   Same thinking as JAX trading the conditional 7th for Kessler.  

Just if you told me 4 guys who teams would trade for CLE & DEN weren’t exactly the teams that come to mind as targeted sellers. O.o

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Indeed. Getting something for those guys is better than nothing. Still, I feel like McCourty was traded too cheaply for the Browns. Flipside, Browns probably got away with a steal for Hogan.

We were going to cut McCourty. The fact that we got anything for him is better than nothing.

Same thing as this trade. It was pretty much a guarantee that Hogan would have been cut at some point, so getting anything for him is a win. 

Archived