Redskins trade a 6th to Cleveland for a 6th and Kevin Hogan

Brian23

Just now, DawgX said:

We were going to cut McCourty. The fact that we got anything for him is better than nothing.

Same thing as this trade. It was pretty much a guarantee that Hogan would have been cut at some point, so getting anything for him is a win. 

I can understand that. I just think that even at bargain basement prices, there could have been more than moving up 12 or so picks (I don't recall hearing any shopping around of McCourty, just deal's done). But you know your team's situation better than I.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The only way I'm on board with this move is if Jay wanted a young QB already familiar with his system so that we can cut McCoy and use those cap savings to help us sign Hankins.

Except Hogan was drafted in 2016 ... Gruden never coached him. At all.

I know.  But don't him and Hue run a similar offense?  Hue was Gruden's RB coach for a few years in Cincy, was he not?

One year overlap (okay, two, but the first year Jackson was a secondary assistant and special teams coach) from five years ago? That's a bit of a stretch.

Now maybe Hue called up Jay and said "hey, I've got a young kid that the front office wants me to get rid of, and I think he's got some skills ... would you be interested?"

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I know.  But don't him and Hue run a similar offense?  Hue was Gruden's RB coach for a few years in Cincy, was he not?

I would not think adding more Hue Jackson into any system should be seen as a plus right now. 

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

One year overlap (okay, two, but the first year Jackson was a secondary assistant and special teams coach) from five years ago? That's a bit of a stretch.

Now maybe Hue called up Jay and said "hey, I've got a young kid that the front office wants me to get rid of, and I think he's got some skills ... would you be interested?"

I know that Hue kept a lot of what Jay did as OC when he took over for him in 2014.  I'm just not 100% sure he brought the same offense over to Cleveland.  If he did, I'd say Hogan has plenty of experience in a similar system to what Jay runs.

I know that Hue kept a lot of what Jay did as OC when he took over for him in 2014.  I'm just not 100% sure he brought the same offense over to Cleveland.  If he did, I'd say Hogan has plenty of experience in a similar system to what Jay runs.

That assumes that their offensive concepts haven't diverged in five years.

Just now, Woz said:

That assumes that their offensive concepts haven't diverged in five years.

I'm sure there has been some things added and some things subtracted here or there, but I doubt the philosophies have changed much.  Still a lot of West Coast concepts at the very least.

Archived