Thomas Davis announces on Twitter that he has been suspended for positive drug test

Woz

TD is a class act.  I don't expect this to have much of an impact on our defense - Thompson was going to get increased time in his role this year anyway and Davis has lost 5 steps, but it still sucks to not have him to start the season.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:
He claims that he didn't take anything different than from what he's taken over the past 7 or 8 years.

So he's admitting to having been a cheater for over half a decade.

So disappointed to hear about this. He was a pretty big inspiration to a lot of people with the way he returned from his multiple knee injuries. But alas, it is now revealed that he had to cheat to do so.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

So disappointed to hear about this. He was a pretty big inspiration to a lot of people with the way he returned from his multiple knee injuries. But alas, it is now revealed that he had to cheat to do so.

It could also be that he didn't know that the stuff was tainted and they just never tested him before, or that the recipe changed. Or that he was a cheater.

Give him credit, though, for being the one to break the news.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

It could also be that he didn't know that the stuff was tainted and they just never tested him before, or that the recipe changed. Or that he was a cheater.

Give him credit, though, for being the one to break the news.

His supplement manufacturer could've changed labs or started manufacturing another product. Or something else. A lot of reasonable ways to get a tainted supplement. Happens not so infrequently in MMA.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

His supplement manufacturer could've changed labs or started manufacturing another product. Or something else. A lot of reasonable ways to get a tainted supplement. Happens not so infrequently in MMA.

yeah but thats the risk with supplements. They is no governing body that oversees what goes in them so you use them at your own risk. 

22 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but thats the risk with supplements. They is no governing body that oversees what goes in them so you use them at your own risk. 

I didn't say he shouldn't get suspended. Just that there are ways for him to unknowingly take something.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Which is why it seems Davis is copping to this and saying "I'll accept the suspension."

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

This above all.  It’s a fly by night industry with literally zero oversight.   Even if it was the same brand there is no guarantee the company didn’t change the production plant, formula, etc.   When it comes to supplements - Caveat emptor.  

35 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Agreed, legacy is definitely tarnished because of this....unless he says it came from adderall and then it's all good lol.

The man came out and explained himself. To not test positive all those years and to finally test for illegal substance is sad. I believe him 100 percent. He’s going into his last year he planned. Why would he try to tarnish his legacy on his final year? Wouldn’t happen. Serve your suspension and come back and play. He’s atleast being a man about it and not standing up there saying he has no idea how it happened.

Idk why this type of thing doesn't bother me with NFL, NBA, NHL or MMA fighters but I'm outraged when it comes to MLB or the Olympics.

Honestly I wouldn't care if all these guys are roided out. I'm not for roids because of side effects, long-term health, mental health too, but for some reason I understand why they take them and it doesn't bother me for those sports but you mention a player taking roids in MLB like A-rod, Bonds or the Rocket and I'm outraged.

27 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Idk why this type of thing doesn't bother me with NFL, NBA, NHL or MMA fighters but I'm outraged when it comes to MLB or the Olympics.

Honestly I wouldn't care if all these guys are roided out. I'm not for roids because of side effects, long-term health, mental health too, but for some reason I understand why they take them and it doesn't bother me for those sports but you mention a player taking roids in MLB like A-rod, Bonds or the Rocket and I'm outraged.

Why would it bother you in MLB? First of all, baseball is hardly a sport. Second of all, there are no dangerous physical consequences from a roided up MLB player. A roided up football player or MMA fighter can hurt people not on the juice.

Archived