Camp Battles: QB2

pwny

Which QB gets kept?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB gets kept?

• Brandon Allen
    • Chad Henne
    • Both

I'd just keep Henne.  He's fine as a backup, he's experienced in what not to do and seems to have a decent understanding of clipboards, playbooks, and ability to adapt to new ones.  Ultimately...if Bortles completely blows, we're back in the QB market and it doesn't much matter what scrub takes over until we get a new one.  Brandon Allen might have some sort of future as a journeyman backup...maybe...but he's not going to swoop in and take the reins as a starter if Bortles falters any more than Henne is at this point.

I'd almost lean toward just keeping 3 QBs if they do really really like Allen, but that's another spot somewhere else on the roster with a guy who might actually play, who ends up cut.  Which probably isn't worth it.  So just Henne i guess.

Plus...

hennesmirk1.gif

22 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'd just keep Henne.  He's fine as a backup, he's experienced in what not to do and seems to have a decent understanding of clipboards, playbooks, and ability to adapt to new ones.  Ultimately...if Bortles completely blows, we're back in the QB market and it doesn't much matter what scrub takes over until we get a new one.  Brandon Allen might have some sort of future as a journeyman backup...maybe...but he's not going to swoop in and take the reins as a starter if Bortles falters any more than Henne is at this point.

I'd almost lean toward just keeping 3 QBs if they do really really like Allen, but that's another spot somewhere else on the roster with a guy who might actually play, who ends up cut.  Which probably isn't worth it.  So just Henne i guess.

Plus...

hennesmirk1.gif

If we do want to keep Henne for a mentor, I hope we keep 3 QB's. I don't want to see Henne trotted out there...like at all. 

Just now, Tugboat said:

Do you want to see Brandon Allen trotted out there...like at all?

A young guy who has actually looked decent so far in camp without knowing exactly what he is? Most definitely. Doesn't mean the outcome will be any better but at least he's an unknown who may have a chance to be something. I saw enough of Henne a couple years ago.

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Do you want to see Brandon Allen trotted out there...like at all?

If it's week 11, Blake looks like garbage and the team is clearly going nowhere again, why not?

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

A young guy who has actually looked decent so far in camp without knowing exactly what he is? Most definitely. Doesn't mean the outcome will be any better but at least he's an unknown who may have a chance to be something. I saw enough of Henne a couple years ago.

I don't want to see either one of them trotted out though.  If that happens, RIP season we need a high draft pick to swing on another QB prospect and who cares, bring back Tebow for all i care.

Best case if you throw a guy like Allen in there late, is you get some miraculous short sample garbage time on the season mirage that muddies the waters on a glaring need for QB.  Or maybe that's worst case.

Best case is basically, the guy plays like Henne and hello draft pick.

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

I feel like best case is he becomes Tom Brady and leads us to a Super Bowl. But maybe not...

There's only 1 Tom Brady. I'd love for that to happen. That's a beautiful dream. 

Archived