Jump to content

Patriots host private workout with Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph


Recommended Posts

https://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/report-patriots-had-private-workout-qb-mason-rudolph-who-could-be-selected-1st

 

Doubling down on my previous predictions: the Pats will trade UP (again) to secure the selection of their future starting quarterback, Rudy. I had to make this a separate thread so we can look back at it once we all realize Mason Rudolph is the heir apparent, Tom Brady clone. The main trait that stands out about Rudolph? His fire. He is passionate like Brady when he plays and his leadership is unparalleled in this draft by any prospect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I agree they will take Rudolph, who is the best QB in this draft, but do they really need to trade up?

Buffalo is sitting at 12, ready. Waiting. The Pats have to move up to 10. Gronk and 31 for Rudolph. At 23 they will pick Rashaan Evans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Jackson at 12 though?

I think they'd pass on Jackson at 12 is Rudolph is taken and roll with McCarron. If Jackson is there at 22, great, maybe there is a better chance he is the pick. So far I don't think the Bills have had much contact with Jackson in terms of workout or visits. Not like Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph, or even Allen I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoleINGout said:

I think they'd pass on Jackson at 12 is Rudolph is taken and roll with McCarron. If Jackson is there at 22, great, maybe there is a better chance he is the pick. So far I don't think the Bills have had much contact with Jackson in terms of workout or visits. Not like Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph, or even Allen I think.

Everything I'm seeing says Rudolph is going late round 2 tho.  12 seems like that'd be the biggest reach ever. 

Although LIS, I think he's the best QB in the draft, so you know...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Everything I'm seeing says Rudolph is going late round 2 tho.  12 seems like that'd be the biggest reach ever. 

Although LIS, I think he's the best QB in the draft, so you know...

It would seem with the news of the Patriots workout, their new pick at 23, and the reports of other teams being interested like Cinncy at 21 and Buffalo at 12 or 22, Rudolph is a riser. I heard HoF receiver James Lofton on SXM mention Rudolph today. I think on NFLN Bucky Brooks said Rudolph could go inside the top 17. Arizona (15), Baltimore (16), and San Diego (17) have all be scouting quarterbacks as well. New England will trade up for one guy or another in this draft. I am almost certain it to be "Rudy". Like I said though, they want to use their other high pick from the Rams to add Rashaan Evans. He would fill a need for them and fit so well with Donta Hightower.

 

Edit: Forgot already but just remember the Redskins (13) looking into Rudolph also around the start of free agency (March 14). Mason is a hot commodity and always should have been on peoples radar. Just by watching him or OKS, you can see how prolific and talented of a passer he is.

Edited by DoleINGout
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mason's stock would have to rise SIGNIFICANTLY to not be available at where the Patriots currently sit. He is absolutely behind both Josh's, Sam, and Baker. You could argue Lamar as well. He wasn't even invited to the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Mason's stock would have to rise SIGNIFICANTLY to not be available at where the Patriots currently sit. He is absolutely behind both Josh's, Sam, and Baker. You could argue Lamar as well. He wasn't even invited to the draft. 

Tom Brady wasn't invited to the draft... LMAO JUST KIDDING

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go for Luke Falk in the 3rd round. Use the good picks to stock up talent, particularly on the defensive side. Brady props the Pats up far beyond the quality of the roster. Give him the defensive talent to ensure he doesn't get screwed out of another SB before he retires.

Falk is physically limited but he has a great capacity to run the play as the coach wants it. He's accurate and throws with anticipation, unlike most of the passers in this draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way that Bill trades up up in the 1st Round IMO. Once our pick in the 3rd Round is gone, we don't have a pick for another ONE HUNDRED picks. 

I think we take an OT at 23 (Kolton Miller maybe) and trade down from 31 (remember, the last couple of spots in the 1st Round are valuable because of the 5th Year Option) for a bevvy of picks in the middle rounds (think the trade with the Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson). That would give us the ammo to move up and down as we see fit, but also have picks in each round to secure talent we like.

I do like Rudolph though and hope we can get him. I just don't see a trade up being a possibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TomRalph said:

There's no way that Bill trades up up in the 1st Round IMO. Once our pick in the 3rd Round is gone, we don't have a pick for another ONE HUNDRED picks. 

I think we take an OT at 23 (Kolton Miller maybe) and trade down from 31 (remember, the last couple of spots in the 1st Round are valuable because of the 5th Year Option) for a bevvy of picks in the middle rounds (think the trade with the Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson). That would give us the ammo to move up and down as we see fit, but also have picks in each round to secure talent we like.

I do like Rudolph though and hope we can get him. I just don't see a trade up being a possibility. 

If Rudolph isn't traded up for, I think Rashaan Evans is the pick at 23 and then at 31 I could see Kolton Miller.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...