A Quiet Place

RavensTillIDie

I really don't know what movie people watched who said it wasn't that good.  This is easily the best movie I have seen in at least ten years.  It is the easiest 10/10 ever.  I do not give that rating easily, and I take my ratings very seriously.  This movie is a 10/10.  The creature is amazing, the creature effects are amazing, the script is amazing, and it has a scene that is probably a top ten movie scene all-time as far as tension.  Either devils is being sarcastic, or he wouldn't know tension if it crawled up and bit him on the butt. 

I was so overwhelmed with how good the movie was that I sat through the entire credits. 

I cannot say enough good things about this movie, but I feel like saying anything more would rob people of the experience I just had.  This is a movie that I'm going to cherish for a very long time, and it will quite possibly crack my top 10 all-time list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Go see this movie before it's too late.  This type of movie is only going to appreciate over time.  I'm a little bummed that there is going to be a sequel.  I feel like the story has been told.  Typical Hollywood... How many times is an original movie going to do well at the box office only for Hollywood to continue milking it before they realize that movie goers are hungry for original horror/suspense/science fiction/fantasy? 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Go see this movie before it's too late.  This type of movie is only going to appreciate over time.  I'm a little bummed that there is going to be a sequel.  I feel like the story has been told.  Typical Hollywood... How many times is an original movie going to do well at the box office only for Hollywood to continue milking it before they realize that movie goers are hungry for original horror/suspense/science fiction/fantasy? 

Sequel or prequel?? The latter makes WAAAAAY more sense.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Sequel or prequel?? The latter makes WAAAAAY more sense.

This is the type of movie I'd be happy to watch a prequel of.  It was isolated enough of a story, and there are a LOT of good movies that could be made in a prequel form.  I just feel like the discovery at the end of the first one will make it a completely different movie as soon as it gets shared with the rest of the survivors. 

Still, this movie was perfect in every way.  It doesn't need a sequel or a prequel.  Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to it, but I still don't think it's necessary. 

I guess a prequel would make sense. But I liked that we just got thrown into the movie without knowing exactly what was going on. It added to the suspense.

We didn't need 30 minutes (or so) of origin story or anything for the monster. I feel like we learned enough as the movie went along.

Just saw it. Absolutely brilliant. Blunt and Krazinski were amazing. I was also really impressed with the score. It's already difficult enough to write a score that evokes the right emotions without getting in the way and being noticeable. To do it when there really isn't any other sound or dialogue at all is extra impressive.

As for a sequel or prequel I don't think they should. I know it's Hollywood so they'll milk it, but there is no reason this movie needs either. And I don't feel like it would work either. We really already know enough so that a prequel is pointless and actually lessens the narrative of this as the mystery is part of it. A sequel, given how this ended, would be a completely different genre turning into an action movie rather than horror. And if it followed a different family it would just be the same movie. They need to leave it alone.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt it’s out much longer so I decided to go.   Glad I did.   Krasinski & Blunt were top shelf.   And the directorial job by Krasinski was stellar.   It’s hard to create a truly novel horror experience that’s more psychological and less gore / slasher induced.   To do it with virtually no spoken dialogue is a feat that’s incredibly difficult to accomplish.   Full credit to the work Krasinski put in here as director.

Yes Dunkirk falls into another movie that created tension and fear with little spoken dialogue.   But that’s a rare feat and the fact that we’ve had 2 movies pull off this feat in the last year might have something to do with the lack of love.  Otherwise I don’t really get the criticism. 

I don’t think it’s the movie of the year but it’s a great movie.   Krasinski and Blunt get nothing but major praise for their work here.  

On 4/16/2018 at 3:48 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I cannot say enough good things about this movie, but I feel like saying anything more would rob people of the experience I just had.  This is a movie that I'm going to cherish for a very long time, and it will quite possibly crack my top 10 all-time list. 

which present Top Tenner of yours will it replace...?

Just now, vike daddy said:

which present Top Tenner of yours will it replace...?

Tough to say if it will at all.  Gotta watch it a second time, probably third time before we can start talking about a movie cracking my top ten.  Right now my top ten looks like:

The Thing
Tombstone
Predator
Jurassic Park
Die Hard
The Big Lebowski
The Mummy
Unbreakable
The Empire Strikes Back
Sneakers

But it fluctuates.  Don't think anything's ever cracking my top five, although the order of my top five changes, except for The Thing, which I think will remain until the day I die (and beyond).

• 1 month later...

Archived