RD1 pick you don't want them to take

3rivers

Just now, Blitzburgh said:

Long workout warrior.  Lacks bend and pass rush moves.  Marginal instincts. 

As previously noted, he wouldn't be the "designated" pass rusher. That is Watt. He would play the Woodley to Harrison role and he would excel at it. I don't understand the 'marginal instincts" comment. He is in the mix on nearly every play. I'm not gonna change your mind on him and that's fine but some of the criticisms you've given aren't supported by his play imo.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

The more I thought about it, the more I think I’ll need a TV if we draft any qb in the 1st.......and the emergency room cause I’ll be punching a hole in my living room drywall.

if Ben is going to play for a few years, we should wait especially since we need help on D. If everything else was solid on D etc, then I could understand a QB but not in RD1.  UFA or RD2 but not RD1 especially not now.  

Any ILB. Evans should be gone barring any fluke **** and Vander Esch reminds of of Thadland from Blue Mountain State. Jefferson I’d be okay with but I feel I can get value at ILB later on so this is more “need” than BPA. I’ll be rooting so hard for these guys to come off the board like Jarvis Jones and Karl Joseph from years past. The damn Lions - had Ansah not fallen we wouldn’t have gotten Jarvi’

Mason Rudolph.

Safety. These picks gotta be HRs. Justin Reid just doesn’t scream 1st rd HR to me. Now Ronnie Harrison would be funny. They have so many meh 1st rd picks lately and that’d be another one.

Sony Michel. Nick Chubb. Ronald Jones. Mostly because of value and if you lose Bell this is still a 2019 need for me - same as WR

Vita Vea - I could see him falling once he gets past the Redskins

Hayden Hurst. Could see TE

Who I’d like

1) EDGE - Harold Landry, Marcus Davenport, Josh Sweat, Arden Key

Another pass rushing threat is Key for this defense. Hell I could play Burnett and Watt in my nickel as my ILB. Watt can’t get the edge. These guys all can get the edge. Watt is a 4-3 OLB. Better in space and rushing further away which doesn’t require as much explosion/strength.

2) Pipedreams - Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James. Top 10 picks but you never know

3) Da’Ron Payne or Taven Bryan. DL isn’t a need unless you switch to a 4-3, which is a way to eliminate taking ILB altogether. We need more pressure on the QB without blitzing. And I’d love to see Tuitt as a DE with two dominant DT’s

4) Dallas Goedert. Your Gronk/Kelce type. Nice piece for Ben and really the final piece for the offense

5) Some kind of Jackson. 

LaMar Jackson. I wouldn’t be pissed. He can help with sub package in short-term and I’d love to see him run read-option, RPO, easy screens, in like a West Coast/Spread type offense. I think he can be a dynamic playmaker

Josh Jackson is a perfect fit here. Well, he’s a perfect fit anywhere. He’s got a Marcus Peters type effect on the defense and is great at reading the QB and then doing something about and getting the INT

6) Derrius Guice. If we trade Bell, I’d love this guy. At this point, I’d take a 2nd for Bell. It’s a luxury pick if you don’t take Bell. We’re not in a position to take luxury picks with Ben so close to the finish line 

7) Jaire Alexander. Nice blend of coverage and hitting. Think JC Jackson gives me something similar but he’d play more than an ILB.

It’s very possible all of the 14 guys I want are gone when we pick (Sweat and Key most likely not picked) and all the guys I don’t want are available.

Might need some help on this one. They don’t do very well when it’s not a no brainer. You get Mendenhall, Hood, Jones, Dupree, Burns

Archived