Shot at a 3-round mock

BowserBroncos

Well for the Browns you got Darnold right.

We aren't going to take an OT in the 1st round. The value isn't there and anyone we took wouldn't be better than Shon Coleman anyways. Coleman will absolutely be given every shot to start at LT before we draft someone else.

I hate the trade to #19. But I love Marcus Davenport so it's fine.

But then we take Ronald Jones...someone I wouldn't want at #33 or #35....at #22. No thanks. Screw that dude in the 1st round. Terrible.

If we take Davenport in the 1st round, why on earth would we need to take Sam Hubbard in the 2nd? He'd be our 5th string DE and would give us 6 ends on the roster. That's dumb.

Christian Kirk is overrated and we already have someone that does everything he does on the roster (Coleman). We need a refined route-running #2 WR that can play outside.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Well for the Browns you got Darnold right.

We aren't going to take an OT in the 1st round. The value isn't there and anyone we took wouldn't be better than Shon Coleman anyways. Coleman will absolutely be given every shot to start at LT before we draft someone else.

I hate the trade to #19. But I love Marcus Davenport so it's fine.

But then we take Ronald Jones...someone I wouldn't want at #33 or #35....at #22. No thanks. Screw that dude in the 1st round. Terrible.

If we take Davenport in the 1st round, why on earth would we need to take Sam Hubbard in the 2nd? He'd be our 5th string DE and would give us 6 ends on the roster. That's dumb.

Christian Kirk is overrated and we already have someone that does everything he does on the roster (Coleman). We need a refined route-running #2 WR that can play outside.

Sorry man....I've acctualy forgot Marcus Davenport when I did this...and when I've came back with the edit I've missed the Hubbard pick.

I'll need to give a better try at this before the draft.

54. KC - Lorenzo Carter - OLB - Georgia
78. KC - Deon Cain - WR - Clemson
86. KC - Derrick Nnadi - DT - Florida State

Wide left. The Chiefs spent most of their FA money on the first two positions you pick.

Carter is not a horrible pick and he fits to mold of athletic freaks the team has followed recently, but the next three players listed all make more sense.

Cain is a horrible pick. Poor value and no need. Why not go DL with Settle and double up with Nnadi. 

J

I'm not personally a fan of Kolton Miller, but I understand the selection. We need one plug-and-play OL, and you gave that to us with Ragnow. Love the Pettis pick as well. Nice job hitting needs for the Vikings and getting decent value!

Love the Falcons 1st round pick in Taven Bryan.  After that it sorta went down hill a little bit and this is not because i don't like Braden Smith i think he is a very good OG.   It's just OG isn't quite as big a need as it was a few weeks to months back.  We restructured Levitre and signed Fusco to a 3 or 4 year deal.   Thus giving us our 2 starting OG's and giving us solid depth with Wes and Garland + Harlow.   That gives us 5 OG's for the year on the roster already while we could probably use talent elsewhere on offense and defense over a depth OG pick.

The 2 players i would have went with in rounds 2 and 3 in your scenario would have been either

1st - Taven Bryan - SDE/DT
2nd - Hayden Hurst - TE
3rd - Dante Pettis - WR

or

1st - Taven Bryan - SDE/DT
2nd - Christian Kirk - WR
3rd - B.J. Hill - NT

If you think we could steal Hill or Shepherd in round 4 at NT then i would go with the 1st group of picks but if you don't think we can snag either of those guys in round 4 at NT then go with the 2nd group for sure.

I applaud the effort. Your write up described my feelings doing multi round mocks well haha. 

As a Detroit fan, I'm happy enough. Its tough to not get DL in first two rounds, but Settle makes some sense for us and Guice and Goedert are both good fits and values. 

and what a day for the Browns, wow. That would be true mastery. IDK that they move up for Davenport, but one more pass rusher to round things out and take advantage of Garrett's double teams could be quite fun. Build an Eagles DL. Ogbah is more of a 5th man type anyways IMO. Darnold, Connor WIlliams, Rojo and Kirk is exactly what that O needs. Doesn't fix their back 7, but they have time and resources left for that too, and their life will be easy with that pass rush. 

Archived