Packers Big Board #14

Packerraymond

Who is #14 on the Packers Big Board?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #14 on the Packers Big Board?

• Mike Hughes
    • Vita Vea
    • Taven Bryan
    • Rashaan Evans
    • Da'Ron Payne
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Will Hernandez
    • Connor Williams
    • Derrius Guice
    • Carlton Davis
    • Isaiah Oliver

Josh Jackson wins #13, this will probably come down to Hughes and Vea if the last vote carries over.

#1 - Bradley Chubb [DE; NC State]

#2 - Saquon Barkley [RB; Penn State]

#3 - Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]

#4 - Derwin James [S; Florida State]

#5 - Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]

#6 - Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]

#7 - Marcus Davenport [EDGE; UTSA]

#8 - Harold Landry [EDGE; Boston College]

#9 - Quenton Nelson [OG; Notre Dame]

#10 - Roquan Smith [ILB; Georgia]

#11 - Leighton Vander Esch [LB; Boise State]

#12 - Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

#13 - Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Before I vote I want Carlton Savis and Isaiah Oliver added. I think I’d take those guys over anyone left. Vea is a talent but not needed nearly as much in today’s NFL. I also really like Hughes but like the other 2 CB’s better. 

Added, though I would call either of those two massive reached at this point.

OT Connor Williams for me. Not the biggest LT in a year with huge guys like Brown and McGlinchey at 6'8" and Miller at 6'9", but I prefer tackles in the 6'5" or 6'6" range.

Williams (6'5", 320), is a great technician and works very hard in the weight room. He has all the athleticism and quick feet you want to see in a left tackle.

This isn't an ideal pick for the Packers at #14 (I'd rather give Spriggs a final year to improve), but Connor Williams is very good, and a quality tackle for the Packers is far from a wasted pick. His left knee injury in 2017 caused him to miss games in the middle of the season, but he is not a guy you should sleep on, very talented. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I would seriously take either over Hughes and I like Hughes. Vea would ride the bench as would Bryan most likely same With Payne. Those guys would upgrade Daniels in a year or so but again, does that make us a ton better? McGlnchey is strictly a RT in my opinion. 

Never take a OG in round 1. Don’t need a QB or a RB. Evans I’m not ready for either as an off ball ILB. LOVE Ridley’s game but he’s not an elite athlete and there are sooo many WR I like that we can get in 4-6 round. 

Went with Davis since he has the size we like, is a good man cover CB and is one tough SOB.

Oliver would be a very close second here as he has better man skills but is pretty soft in run support.

Last, I feel there were about 15 studs in this draft.l followed by about 30-40guys who are all fairly close. Several positions we just don’t need and are not marketably better than a position of need. That’s were I stand.  

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

OT Connor Williams for me. Not the biggest LT in a year with huge guys like Brown and McGlinchey at 6'8" and Miller at 6'9", but I prefer tackles in the 6'5" or 6'6" range.

Williams (6'5", 320), is a great technician and works very hard in the weight room. He has all the athleticism and quick feet you want to see in a left tackle.

This isn't an ideal pick for the Packers at #14 (I'd rather give Spriggs a final year to improve), but Connor Williams is very good, and a quality tackle for the Packers is far from a wasted pick. His left knee injury in 2017 caused him to miss games in the middle of the season, but he is not a guy you should sleep on, very talented. 

I like Brown but wouldn’t grade him or any other OT any better than Bulaga coming out. Late first talent at best. Same with about 30 other guys here now. 

14 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I would seriously take either over Hughes and I like Hughes. Vea would ride the bench as would Bryan most likely same With Payne. Those guys would upgrade Daniels in a year or so but again, does that make us a ton better? McGlnchey is strictly a RT in my opinion. 

Never take a OG in round 1, didn’t N.Y. need a RB. Evans I’m not ready for either as an off ball ILB. LOVE Ridley’s game but he’s not an elite athlete and there are sooo many WR I like that we can get in 4-6 round. 

Went with Davis since he has the size we like, is a good man cover CB and is one tough SOB.

Oliver would be a very close second here as he has better man skills but is pretty soft in run support.

Last, I feel there were about 15 studs in this draft.l followed by about 30-40guys who are all fairly close. Several positions we just don’t need and are not marketably better than a position of need. That’s were I stand.  

Hughes is a much more complete player than Oliver or Davis IMO. Can't reach that hard for need to me. Wilkerson is only here for a year and then we have another decision to make. Obviously the guys on the board now would be candidates for a trade down, but I'd be upset if Vea, Bryan, Payne, McGlinchey, Williams or Miller we're on the board say at 23 (let's say the Pats move up for a pass rusher) and we reached for Carlton Davis.

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Less of a reach than Jackson, who’s 13th on the board. At least they can play man as CBs.

Evans is my guy but I’ll vote Hughes for this one to get him on the board over lesser value prospects.

29 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Who has to be off the board in order to seriously consider Ridley? I’d have to imagine his deep ball ability would be very welcomed and Gutey has sure shown interest in upgrading the WR position so far this off season.

I don't like Ridley at all. I can't find a WR with as poor of leaps as he has that's  played in the NFL. Ran a limited route tree at Bama, I just don't think he's a top 25 guy. Real close to moving DJ Moore ahead of him, hear from the draft guys on cable that they've heard a couple of NFL teams have done the same.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't like Ridley at all. I can't find a WR with as poor of leaps as he has that's  played in the NFL. Ran a limited route tree at Bama, I just don't think he's a top 25 guy. Real close to moving DJ Moore ahead of him, hear from the draft guys on cable that they've heard a couple of NFL teams have done the same.

Vert is def poor but the routes? I haven’t watched much of him but everything I have read says he’s route ability is a strength?

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Vert is def poor but the routes? I haven’t watched much of him but everything I have read says he’s route ability is a strength?

His routes he runs are fine, Bama is just one of those schools that doesn't run much of a route tree.

Archived