Who do you believe are the best young QBs?

Chargers

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

My list of the best young QBs are this:

1a and 1b Goff and Wentz

3 Watson

4 Carr

5 Mahomes

I didn’t include Jimmy G because I got to see more of him outside of the Pats organization. While I do think he could be the first QB to have great success leaving the Pats and Belichick hated trade him plus Jimmy G is with the right coach in Shanny, I just want to see more as I didn’t know about the prospect coming out of college and only seen a small sample from him in the NFL. As much as I love Winston he has got to show me more because he has been a disappointment to me. Mariota took a step back and while people will point to the injury just like in Carr situation, if you are going to play injured you better know what you are doing by making that decision. I got Carr in my top 5 because of John Gruden. If you notice one theme with my top 5, talented QBs with great coaching for them. Goff (McVay), Wentz (Pederson), Watson (O’Brien), Carr (Gruden/Olson), Mahomes (Reid). 

I didn’t include any of the rookie prospects because I don’t know what team they are going too. That’s extremely important for fit and coaching. Plus those players hasn’t even taken a single practice snap yet. 

You didn't include Garoppolo because you need to see more of him but included Mahomes who has….. A grand total of one start? L-O-L……And the list is fine, but that logic? Not so much. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You didn't include Garoppolo because you need to see more of him but included Mahomes who has….. A grand total of one start? L-O-L……And the list is fine, but that logic? Not so much. 

I see what you are saying but I didn’t want it to come off like it did. I was high on Mahomes coming out because I knew more about him coming out of college. I haven’t followed Jimmy G career as I did those other ones. Plus the whole stigma of Pats QBs who leave for other teams don’t have much success. Sure Jimmy G is 5-0 with the Niners but I feel as though that streak with the Niners had much to do with the one win against the Jags than anything. Again I just want to see more. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I haven’t followed Jimmy G career as I did those other ones. Plus the whole stigma of Pats QBs who leave for other teams don’t have much success. Sure Jimmy G is 5-0 with the Niners but I feel as though that streak with the Niners had much to do with the one win against the Jags than anything. Again I just want to see more. 

That's perfectly fine, but apparently you have seen enough from Mahomes in one start? Okay. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The best ability is availability and Wentz isn’t better than Goff at that. While I wish no injuries on nobody, Wentz got hurt in college and he got hurt right out the gate in the preseason in his rookie season. Now he is trying to come back from a serious injury for this upcoming season.

There are a lot of talented players who were extremely talented but due to injury issues couldn’t stay on the field enough to showcase it. So I don’t know if Wentz has to change his playing style because running around like that is not good unless you are Wilson and even then you still concerned. 

So yeah I love me Wentz and think he is one the best young QBs in the NFL. I’m not going to lower Goff because he is talented too and his availability is more surer than what appears to be Wentz. To me they are 1a and 1b and I’ve had them that way since the draft and see no reason to change it. 

I think anyone would tear there acl on that hit from Barron. Barron I think his hit was cheap. Diving right at his legs. Yeah Wentz had a wrist injury but he’s not prone to injuries if you have seen all the hits he’s taken. Wentz should use this injury as a learning experience to not take on two defenders by the goaline. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's perfectly fine, but apparently you have seen enough from Mahomes in one start? Okay. 

Again I know it sounded weird but I saw more of Mahomes in college and like what I saw. I didn’t see Jimmy G so I’m going off of his 7 starts in the NFL. They were very good but I just want to see more. 

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think anyone would tear there acl on that hit from Barron. Barron I think his hit was cheap. Diving right at his legs. Yeah Wentz had a wrist injury but he’s not prone to injuries if you have seen all the hits he’s taken. Wentz should use this injury as a learning experience to not take on two defenders by the goaline. 

Ok but Wentz style of play lends itself to high risk of injuries and no matter how you slice it he has been hurt. He needs to be safe because the Eagles oline is top tier, there is no need for Wentz to be running around like Wilson does and we know Wilson has the worst oline in the league.

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

LOL. Barron dove at the diving QB to try and prevent him from scoring. There was nothing cheap about that hit.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. Barron dove at the diving QB to try and prevent him from scoring. There was nothing cheap about that hit.

There absolutely wasn't anything dirty about it. He was unfortunate to get hit by two guys from each side and he got sandwiched. Not to mention there was some Eagles speculation that he hurt it prior to that hit.

Archived