Who do you believe are the best young QBs?

Chargers

On 4/8/2018 at 3:26 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Derek Carr reestablishes himself.

Jimmy Garrapollo puts a full season under his belt and excels.

Mitchell Trubisky is in a great position to succeed.

Luke Falk eventually takes over for Brady and does extremely well.

I think Carr has it hit his ceiling. Much like Matt Ryan, he'll need an Elite OC to turn in Top 5 QB season. Jimmy G just has that it factor Elite QBs have, although I wish he threw it deep more.

6 hours ago, Classic said:

Jimmy G just has that it factor Elite QBs have, although I wish he threw it deep more.

Jimmy G is quickly getting into 2013 Andrew Luck territory in regards to being put on a laughably high pedestal he doesn't belong on.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Jimmy G is quickly getting into 2013 Andrew Luck territory in regards to being put on a laughably high pedestal he doesn't belong on.

I don't disagree. I think he's good. But that's about it.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think when you look at the non-stop praising from the best organization, and his production thus far, it isn't hard to see he'll be a top end QB for years to come.  Part of the process is projecting forward so even though he hasn't done much just far, he is pretty easy to project as a top 10 QB for the next 5 years and potentially top 5.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Except for Andrew Luck actually won 11 games and made it to the playoffs that year and every year following up until his injury. Whereas Jimmy is the same age (or very close) but has started 7 games. Not even half a season.

1 hour ago, Steelers22 said:

I think when you look at the non-stop praising from the best organization, and his production thus far, it isn't hard to see he'll be a top end QB for years to come.  Part of the process is projecting forward so even though he hasn't done much just far, he is pretty easy to project as a top 10 QB for the next 5 years and potentially top 5.

I don't see what makes it "easy" to project.  He played well last year, but it wasn't like he was tearing it up.  It was no more or less impressive than what Matt Moore did for the Panthers in '09 - taking a team on pace for a dismal record and finishing 4-1 with efficient, albeit not mind-blowing, numbers.  

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I don't see what makes it "easy" to project.  He played well last year, but it wasn't like he was tearing it up.  It was no more or less impressive than what Matt Moore did for the Panthers in '09 - taking a team on pace for a dismal record and finishing 4-1 with efficient, albeit not mind-blowing, numbers.  

I respectfully disagree.  Good arm talent, phenomenal accuracy, led the team on a winning streak and has the Belichick stamp of approval.  

I thought he played incredibly well especially considering the circumstances.  Add that to playing in a Kyle Shanahan offense and I think it is an easy projection.  Only time will tell though

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Except for Andrew Luck actually won 11 games and made it to the playoffs that year and every year following up until his injury. Whereas Jimmy is the same age (or very close) but has started 7 games. Not even half a season.

I agree....but Andrew Luck was being called elite by many following his rookie year, when he wasnt even close to that level.

Luck IMO got overrated due to pre draft hype which tended to inflate many people's opinion of him.

JG is being overrated due to looking good in about a half a season worth of starts.    Dont get me wrong....nothing wrong with  being excited about him, but when I see fools calling him soon-to-be-elite and ranking him over guys like Big Ben and Rivers based on a few starts, its laughable. 

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree....but Andrew Luck was being called elite by many following his rookie year, when he wasnt even close to that level.

Luck IMO got overrated due to pre draft hype which tended to inflate many people's opinion of him.

JG is being overrated due to looking good in about a half a season worth of starts.    Dont get me wrong....nothing wrong with  being excited about him, but when I see fools calling him soon-to-be-elite and ranking him over guys like Big Ben and Rivers based on a few starts, its laughable. 

Oh I 100% agree.

If someone wants to say that they think in say, 10 years, that Jimmy will be as good or better than either Ben or Rivers were as QBs, then I wouldnt be mad. Though I wouldnt agree exactly maybe. 

But putting him ahead of those 2, or like 8 or so (maybe more) other QBs right now is insane. 

I mean, IMO its ridiculous for people to be acting like Jimmy G is going to be better than Luck is or is better than Luck was pre injury. 

Like I think people truly are forgetting just how incredible Luck was for the majority of 2012-2015 seasons. Those 4 years, he won 44 regular season games IIRC, made it to the playoffs and made it further sling every single season up until the AFCCG which was his last healthy year.  

Those Colts teams were BAD. I dont care about his comp % being sub 60 percent. Or if he threw a few too many ints than people like to see on a number sheet. The guy literally was able to carry a putrid team, outside of a couple guys like Hilton/Old Reggie Wayne and 34 year old Mathis and Vontae Davis basically, to winning seasons every year as a starter in that span.

And frankly I think when he comes back that hes going to remind some of us just how great he is

4 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

Im sorry, but I dont agree.

I mean, I agree he COULD be top 5-10....but I dont agree its easy to project him there at this point.

I could just as easily seeing him being a Matt Schaub caliber QB who lingers in the 8-15 range of QBs as I could see him being a consistent top 5-10 QBs.

There really arent many QBs who consistently stay top 5-10 for years and years.     In the 2000s/early 2010s, there were about 7 QBs (maybe 8 if Im forgetting someone) who were consistently top 10 (Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Rivers and Romo) and after that, a bunch of QBs that lingered in that 8-15 range, but never consistently stayed in the top 10.

I need to see more from Jimmy.   I like what I see so far, but Im not entirely convinced. 

Archived