Who do you believe are the best young QBs?

Chargers

On 4/7/2018 at 12:39 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I did noticed.

Jared Goff

Carson Wentz

Deshaun Watson

+ I still think Mitchell Trubisky is going to be a superstar QB.

And I think there are 4 franchise QB's in this upcoming draft class so add Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen or Jackson to the list.

Agree with this post

The first thing that jumped out to me was the absence of Rodgers in the original list... 

Anyways, top 5 best young QB's going forward (I'll avoid the guys about to get drafted because you just never know) in no particular order as I see it

1. Jared Goff

2. Carson Wentz

3. Jimmy G

4. Derek Carr- sure, he may have reached his ceiling, but if his ceiling is his 2016 season and not the letdown that was last year from the entire offense, then he's kind of already elite imo. We'll see where he stands after this season.

5. Marcus Mariota- injuries and poor coaching have hampered him as much as anything. I still think his upside is ridiculous so I'll squeeze him into the 5 and take a shot on him breaking out.

HM: 

Watson- after the season starts, I may switch him and Mariota

Trubisky- lets see if a better coaching staff can help

Jacoby Brissett- Brissett is my darkhorse. He wasn't great last year, but I feel like the upside is there, if it can be tapped into. The Colts aren't particularly good in general, but I feel like he's shown enough to eventually turn into a bona fide starter in a couple of years if given the opportunity. Last year was essentially a rookie year for him in my book, so I'm interested to see where he goes from here or if he gets stuck as a career backup behind Luck. 

On 4/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Classic said:

I think Carr has it hit his ceiling. Much like Matt Ryan, he'll need an Elite OC to turn in Top 5 QB season. Jimmy G just has that it factor Elite QBs have, although I wish he threw it deep more.

Carr was a legitimate MVP candidate until he broke his leg with an OC who was by all accounts far from elite.

I don't know how high my hopes are with Jon Gruden as HC, but Carr's ceiling seemed to be pretty damn high. 

Wentz, Watson (who I didn't think would be very good tbh), and Mariota.

Wentz is legit imo.  Watson looks to have a chance to be great and so does Mariota.  That Titans offense is starting to take shape and when you become the first QB to catch your own Receiving TD, lol, fluke or not, there's something special about you.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:36 PM, tgrades3 said:

Everybody sleeping on Mariota. Finally getting a healthy offseason to work with healthy receivers & new offense under Matt Lafleur. Breakout season this year

I expected him to be awesome last season. Was totally dissapointed. He'll have more talent to work with this year and better coaching, but he has no excuses this time around. 

Tier 1 of the Future

Wentz MVP candidate prior to injury...already a top 5 QB IMO.

Carr if he can recover and mesh with Gruden. Was an MVP candidate pre injury. Gruden coached a journeyman QB to MVP in oakland.

Mahomes Watch out for this guy. He may be the best QB in the league in a year or two. Great weapons, good line, great coaching.

Tier 2 of the Future

Garoppolo may be too high...we'll see

Goff His deep ball accuracy keeps him from tier 1

Tier 3 of the Future

DAK Benefactor of great line, weapons.

Winston Ceiling may be here

Tribinsky Could go lower or higher, leaning towards lower after last season. Has a new coaching staff. Has hope.

Tier 4 of the Future

Watson watching him play was much less impressive than looking at the box score. Very inaccurate at times and his 2nd ACL injury scares me. 

Mariotta never been impressed

2018 Draft class not included, but not impressed.

6 hours ago, emaw1979 said:

Goff His deep ball accuracy keeps him from tier 1

That's not really an issue? I don't know how many deep passes were dropped in LA last year but his accuracy 20+ yards in the air was 16/43, Carson Wentz was 15/53, but Torrey Smith dropped upwards of 4-5 of those.

Archived