Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 21

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock with pick 21.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.  If you discuss multiple gys in your post, please make a clear indication in your post who your actual choice is.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

6. Indianapolis - Denzel Ward

7. Tampa - Derwin James

8. Chicago - Tremaine Edmunds

9. SF 49ers - Minkah Fitzpatrick

10. Oakland - Vita Vea

11. Miami - Roquon Smith

12. Buffalo - Baker Mayfield

13. Washington - Derrius Guice

14. Green Bay - Harold Landry

15. Arizona - Josh Allen

16. Baltimore - DJ Moore

17. LA Chargers - Lamar Jackson

18. Seattle - Mike McGlinchey

19. Dallas - Calvin Ridley

20. Detroit - Da'Ron Payne

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

When did the Davenport to the Bengals movement start?

This is a Mutiny!

So DE sort of makes sense, if you're planning ahead a little.  MJ is basically done.  Dunlap is on the last year of his deal, and i don't think he'll get another one.  That leaves the team with Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson.

If they had been smart, they would have cut MJ and used the saved money to keep Chris Smith.  Now they're looking a little thin, and potentially in a situation where they have to overpay an aging Dunlap to keep some sort of unit together.

That being said, i'd rather they take a center.  So i'll go with @THE DUKE and say Ragnow.  

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

So DE sort of makes sense, if you're planning ahead a little.  MJ is basically done.  Dunlap is on the last year of his deal, and i don't think he'll get another one.  That leaves the team with Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson.

If they had been smart, they would have cut MJ and used the saved money to keep Chris Smith.  Now they're looking a little thin, and potentially in a situation where they have to overpay an aging Dunlap to keep some sort of unit together.

That being said, i'd rather they take a center.  So i'll go with Duke and say Ragnow.  

Eh.  Dunlap is 29, and the talk from Hobson's annual 'why we have no money for free agents' is that money will be spent extending Dunlap and Geno.  Considering we don't have a lot of high priced players, I think we can afford to keep both.  Extend Dunlap for 3 years, which gives us time to dump his contract and extend Lawson when he becomes a FA.

I'm not against signing a DE and cutting MJ.  But I'd rather spend that pick on an OL player...

Archived