Jordan Howard trade chatter

turtle28

So, the last couple of days there has been a rumor/chatter that Jordan Howard could be traded by the Bears because Tarik Cohen is a better fit for Matt Naggy’s offense. 

Cooley talked about us possibly trading for Howard yesterday on his show and Riggo’s rag did a blog on it. If it’s a possibility, I think it’s something we should do. It seems to me that Howard could be had for a 4th round pick and that’s what Cooley thought as well, and Cooley came up with the idea of trading a 4th or 5th and Perine in exchange for Howard as well.

What say you?

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This would be a bad trade imo.  Howard only has 2 years left on his rookie deal, and this is a strong RB draft class.  We could have a Rookie on a cheap rookie deal for 4 years.

True, but there’s no guarantee that any rb we draft ever turns out to be as good as Howard is.

As Skinsin2013 points out, Howard is only 23, so when he’s coming up for his 2nd contract in 2020 he’s only going to be 25 and will presumably have 4 or 5 good years left in him.

12 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Could be, it was just a rumor after all. I think we’ll know for sure as the draft approaches. If he doesn’t get traded right before or during the draft, I think Howard ends up staying with the Bears.

19 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

lmao alfred is not a starter anymore man

Alfred has sure looked better than any the RBs we kept over him the last two years when he played for an ineffective, injured or suspended Elliot.

I would only be ok with it, if we got rid of/traded Perine & Kelly.

Then still drafted rookie rb, but later in the draft. Possibly in 5th rd, since we have a couple right now.

With a depth chart looking like...

Thompson--Howard--rookie (5th, 6th or 7th rd)

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Alfred has sure looked better than any the RBs we kept over him the last two years when he played for an ineffective, injured or suspended Elliot.

No he hasn’t.  Great guy, bought his jersey. But we used up his only good years in the nfl.  

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No he hasn’t.  Great guy, bought his jersey. But we used up his only good years in the nfl.  

So, Morris didn’t look better than Kelley, Jones or Perine the last two years and wasn’t effective for a suspended Elliot last year?

Then why in 5 starts did he have 115 carries, 547 yards and a 4.8 yd avg last year?

He sure ran up and down against our defense in 2016 and scored TDs on our D. In 2016 he essentially had the game winning TD in our game at home vs Dallas.

In Dallas last year he had 27 carries, 127 yds (a 4.7 yd avg) and a TD vs the Redskins in the game that pretty much ended our playoffs hopes.

He’s a better running back than the guys we kept over him sans Chris Thompson. Hopefully we draft a true starting running back in a few weeks when the draft comes up because I don’t think there’s anything that we don’t need more than a quality starting running back.

Archived