KOBK players for this season?

BleedTheClock

Who are some of the fresh faces that are going to be due increased playing time this season? Who are the guys that will be put in make-or-break situations for the very first time?

For the Browns:

1. Shon Coleman, LT. ---Our RT from last year will move over to the left side. By all accounts, he's the new LT and will have every chance to start. He won't be Joe Thomas, but I think he'll be around the league average.

2. Trevon Coley/Caleb Brantley, DT. ---Our DT opposite of Ogunjobi is still up for grabs between these two as of the pre-draft process. Both saw minutes last season and flashed, but Shelton cut into their minutes and we really don't know what they're capable of right now. I think between these two, we find a pretty darn good DT. I'm leaning Brantley, who I loved coming out of the draft.

3. Jabrill Peppers, SS. ---New position for Jabrill. His rookie season was a waste, as he played FS 35 yards off the ball 95% of the time. No, literally this is a true statement. He is basically a linebacker, so moving him over to SS is a much more natural fit. I expect him to actually be decent in this role. And if not, he'll be replaced by Derrick Kindred, who is already a pretty good SS. Pep better step up.

In Atlanta:

LB Duke Riley - He missed some games and tackles last year, but has been working with MMA coaches on his takedowns to try and fix them. On top of that, being a second-year player tends to be helpful under Dan Quinn as Beasley, Jones and Neal all made the Pro Bowls in their second year here.

DE Takk McKinley - speaking of 2nd year players, Takk will be the full-time LEO this year. He should see around 700 snaps and could be a 10+ sack guy with the expanded playing time. 

TE Eric Saubert - assuming the Falcons don't take a TE in the draft, Saubert instantly becomes the No. 2 TE here. That would give him a ton of playing time (around 400 snaps from just 30 this past year) and would allow him to see the same kinds of routes that Toilolo ran (but dropped the ball on)

Laquon Treadwell and Mackensie Alexander for the Vikes. Both players have struggled to get significant playing time due to who is ahead of them. In Alexander's case, there may be more opportunities for him. Just not sure Treadwell can emerge as the 4th WR.

Make-or-break list for 2018-2019

Phillip Dorsett 

Isaiah Crowell 

Terrell Pryor

Breshad Perriman

Tyrod Taylor

Eric Ebron 

Andrew Luck

Marqise Lee

Phillip Rivers

Jason Verrett

Amari Cooper

Eli Apple

Kevin White

Matthew Stafford 

Laquon Treadwell 

Trae Waynes 

Matt Ryan

Jameis Winston

Vernon Hargreaves 

*Bold denotes put up or shut up.

Kevin Johnson - the former 1st round pick has dealt with some significant injuries, and really fell off the deep end last season. He's probably now #4 on the DC behind Jonathan Joseph/Aaron Colvin/Kareem Jackson, and could lose time to Treston Decoud - he has to improve, or he won't be kept around for that 5th year option.

Braxton Miller - His switch to WR hasn't developed as expected, as he's really not doing anything. He's ceded time to Bruce Ellington, and Sammie Coats might even vault him on the DC. Perhaps he can work on his arm/shoulder and get a chance to compete as the backup to Deshaun Watson? Gotta think that might buy him time, and his skillset is similar...

JJ Watt - Very strange to list him on this sort of list, but that's where we're at. Two season ending injuries lead to legitimate concerns and questions on who Watt is now as a player. Once upon a time, Watt was on a trajectory that lined up with Reggie White and Bruce Smith. Now? Notsomuch.

23 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Braxton Miller - His switch to WR hasn't developed as expected, as he's really not doing anything. He's ceded time to Bruce Ellington, and Sammie Coats might even vault him on the DC. Perhaps he can work on his arm/shoulder and get a chance to compete as the backup to Deshaun Watson? Gotta think that might buy him time, and his skillset is similar...

"I knew after the last checkup that I wasn't ready for quarterback," he says. "I couldn't throw over 40 yards. I was throwing hard, about 70 mph, 20 yards. But I couldn't throw over 40 yards. There's no point in playing quarterback if you can't throw over 40 yards. It was devastating."

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

damn it, im agreeing with you again....

putting him on that list is beyond silly. Although he also has rivers and stafford on there too, so at least theres a couple other outrageous ones.

Rivers has been in the league for how many seasons now, and hasn’t taken his team to the distance beyond those passing numbers?

Stafford hasn’t won a playoff game but he’s arguably a top-5 QB in the eyes of many. That’s why he has an asterisk as well. He has a solid defensive unit and key additions on offense this year. We will revisit this post midway through the season.

Archived