KOBK players for this season?

BleedTheClock

6 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

Cam Newton at least went the distance and is somewhat in a similar situation to Super Bowl winner, Joe Flacco, right now. As for Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, they aren’t on the list because the fact remains that they have won a Super Bowl which trumps any argument. Last time I’ve checked, both of those guys won their games more recent than Ben Roethlisberger whom you’ve failed to exploit since you want to mention Bowl wins within the past 5 years, but I personally have nothing against him either.

*Just presenting facts only!*

Matt Ryan was 20 minutes away from being Suoerbowl mvp 2 years ago.  There is literally nothing you can say to justify having Matt Ryan on the list at all, let alone over Cam Newton

9 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

"I knew after the last checkup that I wasn't ready for quarterback," he says. "I couldn't throw over 40 yards. I was throwing hard, about 70 mph, 20 yards. But I couldn't throw over 40 yards. There's no point in playing quarterback if you can't throw over 40 yards. It was devastating."

I read that article as well. I'm merely stating that Miller is so bad at WR, he'd be better suited to rehab the shoulder completely and give QB another run. He was surpassed by a street FA in Ellington, still got a ton of snaps when Will Fuller got hurt in training camp, and only caught 19 passes. 

If he's going to stick to WR, he won't be in the NFL much longer. He's simply not good.

11 hours ago, scar988 said:

LOL what?

I really don't like the Falcons, or Matt Ryan, but even I have to look at this and go...WHAT?

Ryan is more than proven. He is a top QB in the league. The Falcons as a whole have to get over the hump, it's not Ryan holding them back.

For the Bengals

Due increased playing time

William Jackson III - statistically one of the best corners in the NFL in 2017, but wasn't a truly full time player.  He should play near 100% of snaps this year.

Joe Mixon - should get a lot more snaps at RB

Carl Lawson - potential breakout star at DE

Tyler Kroft - he played well last year, and let's face it - Tyler Eifert won't play more than 4 games.

Put up or shut up

John Ross/Josh Malone - this is just wishful thinking that Lafell gets cut and the young guys play

Jordan Evans - Burfict suspended again, and for the third year in a row the Bengals have signed a vet on a 1 year deal.  Evans should play a lot.

Jordan Willis - good rookie campaign, but needs to move ahead of an ancient Michael Johnson.

Christian Westerman/Alex Redmon - one of these guys will need to start at guard

Tyler Eifert - stop getting hurt already

Carlos Dunlap - Last year of his deal - either play well or fade into obscurity. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Matt Ryan was 20 minutes away from being Suoerbowl mvp 2 years ago.  There is literally nothing you can say to justify having Matt Ryan on the list at all, let alone over Cam Newton

you and your gosh darn logic.

i will say the Jags Entire WR corps needs to step up.  instead of Paying the Money Arob deserved we decided to resign lee and and sign Moncrief that will cost us 2 million more.  we also cut Allen Hurns who was a pretty reliable guy.  our WR corps doesnt seem all that impressive on paper(its deep but its full of #2/3 types) with Westbrook and Keelan Cole somewhere in the mix along with 2X STer of the week jaydon Mickens. 

defensively i guess the pressure is there on DJ Hayden to be a good NB after letting colvin walk and replacing him with hayden. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Matt Ryan’s offensive weapons > Cam Newton’s offensive weapons

The Patriots:

Wide receievers all need to stay healthy. Edelman, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan. Kenny Britt needs to step up or he might not get another shot. Youngish guys like Philip Dorsett, Cordarelle Patterson, and Riley McCarron have huge opportunities in front of them and need to seize the moment. This extends to other pass catching types on the team. Rex Burkhead needs to stay healthy. Dwyane Allen have to show he belongs in the NFL like Kenny Britt. Youngish guys like Jacob Hollister, Jeremy Hill and Mike Gilislee have to produce or will be cut. Lastly, Rob Gronkowski needs to show he wants to remain in the league with the Patriots, stat healthy, and continue to dominate to earn himself the contract extention he is reportedly seeking, (if he doesn't retire young).

The rest of the roster falls into the category of needing to prove they're a starter. Devin McCourty, Stephon Gilmore, and Donta Hightower are all exempt. Malcolm Brown, Joe Thuney, Shaq Mason, and Trey Flowers are playing for added value on their next contract. Vets like Jason McCourty, Eric Rowe, Danny Shelton, Kyle Van Noy, and Brian Hoyer are all guys on the bubble but are expected to be important contributors for 2018.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, vikingsrule said:

Laquon Treadwell and Mackensie Alexander for the Vikes. Both players have struggled to get significant playing time due to who is ahead of them. In Alexander's case, there may be more opportunities for him. Just not sure Treadwell can emerge as the 4th WR.

Weird to think it's Treadwell's 3rd coordinator in 3 years, but he should be the #3 to start the season. Kendall Wright will be the #4.

Regardless though, it is time for him to put up or shut up. 

7 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

Matt Ryan’s offensive weapons > Cam Newton’s offensive weapons

You remind me of that biletnikoff poster....and thats not a good thing.

Archived