KingTitan Mock Draft 2018

KingTitan

Feel like this off-season we all have been void of mock drafts. 
Been rolling one around in my head for a couple weeks now. Not married to it. Just an idea or two. 

Not gonna make it fancy. Just a functional Mock. :)

1. Leighton Vander Esch-LB-Boise State

leighton-vander-esch-28123f2f44251b52.jp

I think we find a way to trade up for him. Trading our 1st this year and our 3rd for a couple spots with someone and getting a 7th in return. Robinson spoke of being willing to move up to get a guy he liked this year. With a roster not in need of immediate starters throughout, and not room for 7-8 rookies to make the active roster, I can see him willing to move a pick to get up higher. Vander Esch likely won't be around at #25, neither will Landry. I can see us moving up to get either one of those guys.

2. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo-OLB-Oklahoma

Image result for Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Looking at his game vids and highlights, he displays a wide array of pass rush moves. Spins, Chops, Bull rush, speed rush....he seems ready to step in and rush the passer. From a rookie, I think that is all we need. 

4. KeKe Coutee-WR-Texas Tech
hqdefault.jpg

A WR that adds a dimension of speed.

5. DeShon Elliot-S-Texas

sss-tx-tech508.jpg

Some fresh safety Depth.  A Safety that has made some plays on the ball in college. Looks a little stiff at times, But has shown the ability to play at the line of scrimmage. Also shown to be able to make a play on the ball in the air. 

6. Ito Smith-RB-Southern Miss

ito-580x400.jpg

A RB that has shown to display some good hands in the passing game and run between the tackles. Add some depth and/or competition for the 3rd RB spot.

7. Michael Joseph-CB-Dubuque 

636524943171026451-joseph-int-return16.j
Someone that could come and compete for roster spot. 

This is actually very similar to a mock I've been formulating except my second rounder is Lorenzo Carter. I like it. I think LVE is a JRob guy through and through. Small school guy that was a former walk on that had to fight his way up through the depth chart to eventually earn his starting spot as a Senior, and I think his trajectory is really pointing upwards. As he got more comfortable starting last year you could see his instincts improve from game to game. He fits JRob's usual mold way too much to ignore the possibility of him being our pick one way or another.

Archived