It didn't happen since 1983 ! 3 Rounds Mock

zappa13004

1- Browns : Sam Darnold 
Rosen looks like the best to me, Allen sounds like a Dorsey's pick but Darnold seems to be the guy. Is he ?

2- Giants : Josh Rosen
Nobody's mocking him to the Giants though he is the best passer.
One year behind Eli and they'd be set for the next 12 years.

3- Jets : Baker Mayfield
Allen has much potential but with the Hackenberg experience i doubt the Jets would take another big arm QB with accuracy problems in college.

4- Browns : Bradley Chubb
I'd love for them to take Barkley but i think Dorsey will prefer to select Chubb.

5- Broncos : Saquon Barkley
Joseph has ties with Wyoming so he has inside and they coached Allen in Mobile where he was good. But can they pass on Barkley ?

6- Bills :Josh Allen
No team from 6 to 12 would take him but Cards, Chargers or another team could leapfrog them thats why they give their 2 1st round picks to the Colts. 

7- Buccs : Derwin James
I guess teams rank him higher than most mock publisher do.
He is a freak athlete with football IQ. Nelson is tempting but Marpet can handle the LG spot right ?

8- Bears : Tremaine Edmunds
Too much potential to pass on. Do Long-Grasu-Whitehair enough to pass on Nelson ?

9- 49ers : Quenton Nelson
BPA and need. Match.

10- Raiders : Vita Vea
I guess (and hope) the Raiders will keep building on the run stop after signing Whitehead in a division with Gordon, Hunt (and Barkley in this mock). R.Smith would help in this area too so i went back and forth between them.

11- Dolphins : Roquan Smith
Same comment than for Niners' pick.

12- Colts : Denzel Ward
Same comment than above (am i lazy ?)

13- Redskins : DaRon Payne
No doubt than Fitz would help their secondary but Payne is rock solid and it is a bigger need. Some seem to undervalue him because of the talent around him in Bama but, Payne was just the best of them (though that R.Davis seems to have a bright future).

14- Packers : Marcus Davenport
A bit of a project but he has the tools and he showed against better competition in Mobile. Fitzpatrick would help but his lack of a position will make him slide.

15- Cardinals : Calvin Ridley
Both Browns are gone and Fitz will retire soon.

16- Cowboys from Ravens : Minkah Fitzpatrick  
Dallas give #19 + #81 + # 137
Ravens give # 16 + # 118
With Fitzpatrick still available, Jerry Jones trade-up to select a floor general for his secondary.

17- Chargers : Lamar Jackson
They could use a LB but Rivers won't play forever and it seems both Telesco and Lynn are intrigued about him.

18- Seahawks : Harold Landry
Can they start with Clark-Jordan as their DEs ?
They should upgrade the Oline but they always go defense.

19- Ravens : Mike McGlinchey
Miller is more athletic but McGlinchey is ready to play and can play on the right side.

20- Lions : Isaiah Wynn
I guess they'd like Vea, Payne or Davenport here but none are available. Key looks like a gamble. They did yet put a lot on the Oline through draft and FA but they still have a weak spot at the LG spot as neither Wiggins nor Haeg are good enough to be much than depth. Wynn would give to them a solid starting 5.

21- Titans from Bengals : Leighton VanDerEsch
Titans give #25 + #89
Bengals give #21 + #112
The Bengals showed they are not shy to trade away and the Titans would like to grab LVE before Colts or Pats do.

22- Colts : Rashaan Evans
The Colts have nobody at LB !

23- Patriots : Kolton Miller
Athletic lineman who would like to be coached by Scar. to help replace Solder.

24- Panthers : DJ.Moore
For his vertical offense, Norv Turner will need more than Torrey Smith.

25- Bengals : James Daniels
Did you see him move in drills at the Combine ? Wow

26- Falcons : Taven Bryan
Versatile player on the inside.

27- Saints : Hayden Hurst
Older than most but ready from day 1 and thats what a team with Drew Brees need.

28- Steelers : Mason Rudolph
He looks like more of a second round QB but he won't be there when they pick again. Reach ? Just consider who will be the best QBs in next year's draft, especially if you think the Steelers won't have a top 10 pick. Rudolph, QB6 of this year looks better than QB2/QB3 of next year draft.

29- Jaguars : Will Hernandez
Is he the perfect guard for Fournette ? I guess so.

30- Vikings : Connor Williams
Guard or tackle, Williams would help there.

31- Patriots : Mike Hughes
Undersized but cover corner skills off the charts.

32- Eagles : Mike Gesicki
Will need to add weight and blocking skills but highly athletic and as they won't rush him as a TE1, that would work for both sides.

2nd Round

33- Browns : Jaire Alexander

34- Giants : Billy Price

35- Browns : Courtland Sutton

36- Colts : Derrius Guice

37- Colts : Mo Hurst

38- Buccs : Josh Jackson

39- Bears : Arden Key

40- Broncos : Harrison Phillips

41- Raiders : Malik Jefferson

42- Dolphins : Dallas Goedert

43- Patriots : Sam Hubbard

44- Redskins : Christian Kirk

45- Packers : Isaiah Oliver

46- Bengals : Frank Ragnow (G)

47- Cardinals : Donte Jackson

48- Chargers : Justin Reid

49- Colts : Lorenzo Carter

50- Cowboys : Shaqueem Griffin

51- Lions : Sony Michel

52- Ravens : DJ.Chark

53- Bills : Jerome Baker

54- Chiefs : Carlton Davis

55- Panthers : Ronnie Harrison

56- Bills : Orlando Brown

57- Titans : Josh Sweat

58- Falcons : Anthony Miller

59- 49ers : Equanimeous StBrown

60- Steelers : Darius Leonard

61- Jaguars : Mark Andrews

62- Vikings : Braden Smith

63- Patriots : Kyle Lauletta

64- Browns : Jamarco Jones

3rd Round

65- Bills : BJ.Hill

66- Giants : Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

67- Colts : Martinas Rankin

68- Texans : Tyrell Crosby

69- Giants : Nick Chubb

70- 49ers : Ronald Jones

71- Broncos : Brian O'Neill

72- Jets : Chuckwuma Okorafor

73- Dolphins : Austin Corbett

74- 49ers : Anthony Averett

75- Raiders : James Washington

76- Packers : Michael Gallup

77- Bengals : Terrell Edmunds

78- Chiefs : Jessie Bates

79- Cardinals : Mike White

80- Texans : Andrew Brown

81- Ravens : Mason Cole

82- Lions : Duke Ejiofor

83- Ravens : Rashaad Penny

84- Chargers : Tim Settle

85- Panthers : Chad Thomas

86- Chiefs : Derrick Nnadi

87- Rams : Kemoko Turray

88- Panthers : Dalton Schultz 

89- Bengals : RJ McIntosh

90- Falcons : Da’Shawn Hand

91- Saints : Dante Pettis

92- Steelers : DeShone Elliott

93- Buccs from Jaguars : Royce Freeman (#144 to the Jags)

94- Vikings : Quenton Meeks

95- Patriots : Fred Warner 

96- Bills : Micah Kizer

97- Cardinals : Rasheem Green

98- Texans : Simmie Cobbs

99- Broncos : Colby Gossett

100- Bengals : Dorian O’Daniel

Not that the Bills could know it would fall this way, but I'd rather stay at 12 and take Fitzpatrick and then take Rudolph at 22. 

I like doubling up on LB and grabbing Hill at the top of round 3. Not a fan of Orlando Brown at all. Screams Cyrus Kouandjio.

48 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not that the Bills could know it would fall this way, but I'd rather stay at 12 and take Fitzpatrick and then take Rudolph at 22. 

I like doubling up on LB and grabbing Hill at the top of round 3. Not a fan of Orlando Brown at all. Screams Cyrus Kouandjio.

Indeed. Once again I agree whole heartedly. People don't do research and just listen to people who don't understand the difference between sitting there with no 300 lb. DTs and DEs and 250+ LB coming at them and sitting in a rocking chair at a pro day or the Combine.If he has a sub 60% passing rating and he connects on 70% of his throws downfield (very high) think how bad he is on short routes.  He has trouble processing like Trent Edwards post concussion. "Big Arm" doesn't equal big success. 

This is an AWFUL trade for the Bills. Allan is a disaster waiting to happen. Only Stafford had a sub 60% passing percent in college and was a good NFL QB. Rather have us draft at 12 and see if Randolph is still there in the 2nd round. Jackson is just as bad. I would rather stick with what we have than kill our ability to fill much needed holes at 12 and 22.

Nice effort though.

Peace.

4 hours ago, Hootlander1 said:

Indeed. Once again I agree whole heartedly. People don't do research and just listen to people who don't understand the difference between sitting there with no 300 lb. DTs and DEs and 250+ LB coming at them and sitting in a rocking chair at a pro day or the Combine.If he has a sub 60% passing rating and he connects on 70% of his throws downfield (very high) think how bad he is on short routes.  He has trouble processing like Trent Edwards post concussion. "Big Arm" doesn't equal big success. 

This is an AWFUL trade for the Bills. Allan is a disaster waiting to happen. Only Stafford had a sub 60% passing percent in college and was a good NFL QB. Rather have us draft at 12 and see if Randolph is still there in the 2nd round. Jackson is just as bad. I would rather stick with what we have than kill our ability to fill much needed holes at 12 and 22.

Nice effort though.

Peace.

Why do you write "peace" ? And before that saying i'm a guy who don't do any research ? Just 3 picks earlier i wrote about his accuracy problems ! If i were only listening to people i'd do not mock Chubb but Barkley to the Browns, not Rosen to the Giants and on&on. Why don't you just say you dislike Allen ? Now i do not even want to argue about why i think he would be a nice pick (and it is only an opinion, im aware of that), than i watched several Wyoming games (3 in 2016 and 2 in 2017 and you ?)... pfffff

3 hours ago, Danger said:

As a big Penn State and Eagles fan, I do NOT want Gesicki on the Eagles, especially not in the first.

I think he has nice tools to develop but okay...As a fan can you develop some for me to know him better ? Yet im aware about his weakness as a blocker. I thought about a flex/red zone TE to pair with yet a very good TE in Ertz for the young Wentz to continue his development. Id like to hear from you about what makes him a bad pick, i do not have a full perception of him, only watched Penn St 3 times this past season.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I did put Allen there for various reasons. Sure the big arm is one of them as you play often in a windy stadium. Then because he is a smart guy which means i believe he can learn and improve. With better players around at the Senior Bowl he showed much better touch on his throws and yes i know the SeniorBowl game isn't NFL but he showed something about a guy who lost in the 2017 draft his WR1, TE1, C and RB1. Then he has the body to take the hits and he also has the mobility to win some yards running if needed. Then, he is used to play in a prostyle offense, taking snaps under center and we know that is very different to read a defense in shotgun than dropping 7 steps back while doing it and also he often changed plays at the LOS, he knows yet how to do that (at least better than most rookie QB).

So i think he is a better player than Mason Rudolph even if i do not dislike the former Cowboys.

Orlando Brown. Yeah, who cant disagree with your feeling ? But he also had a fairly nice production in the Big12 and i didn't mock him to a team among others but to the Bills. I mean a team ranked 4th in run attempts last year. Brown, to me, could develop into a nice run blocking RT. Thats why. And that's my reasoning behind those two picks, not an argument like "you wrong, im right", just why i made those picks.

25 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’d take it for Cincy 

And do you think ? With Lafell in his last contract year and a class very deep rounds 3-4 than your team could think about a WR ? You have 3 3rd round picks right ? A WR with one of them ?

44 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

And do you think ? With Lafell in his last contract year and a class very deep rounds 3-4 than your team could think about a WR ? You have 3 3rd round picks right ? A WR with one of them ?

Probably not in the first 3 rounds. We still have Ross, Boyd, and Malone who they really like. I expect them to target OL, DL, LB, and S/CB the first two days

Archived