Should the Vikings trade Pick #30?

vike daddy

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

No chance I would move a 1st for Gronk. Given his concerns I wouldn't move either of our top 3 picks.

Vikes have too many core players on 2nd and 3rd contracts, especially after 2019.

Cant afford to bring in another big contract Ike Gronkowski at the expense of a cheaper rookie. Given that the 2016 draft class is looking like a bust and there was no 2017 1st round pick, the Vikes really need to replenish the roster with good and cheap talent. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Trade proposal,

Vikings send pick 30 to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for picks 47 (2nd), 97 (comp 3rd), and 134 (comp 4th). 

Yay or nay?

I like it.  I was thinking a trade down to somewhere around 45 would still allow us to get both Billy Price and Frank Ragnow, The two guys that I want, or a good CB, DE, DT, etc should still be there.  I know the patriots have a lot of picks too so they were a team that I was looking at for a trade down.

Trade proposal,

Vikings send pick 30 to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for picks 47 (2nd), 97 (comp 3rd), and 134 (comp 4th). 

Yay or nay?

I'm not opposed, not a huge fan though. Vikes don't need many opening day starters and the one position they need (interior line) could be addressed later on like Elflein last year. 

I'd have to see what's on the board though knowing that DE and CB are my prority targets in round one. If there isn't much of a gap, I'd take that extra third and fourth to start building depth.

Trade proposal,

Yay or nay?

I like the idea but wouldn't pull the trigger without seeing the first 29 draft picks.

9 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I like the idea but wouldn't pull the trigger without seeing the first 29 draft picks.

Agreed, but I would need to see an OG like Wynn there for me not to make the move, I don't think there is a huge difference between Hernandez and a trade down to grab one of the next two OG's available.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Trade proposal,

Yay or nay?

For me, I'd do it if it was the 2nd and 4th this year and a 2nd next year. That's a long way back.

25 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

For me, I'd do it if it was the 2nd and 4th this year and a 2nd next year. That's a long way back.

A 3rd this year is probably more valuable to the Vikes than a 2nd next year given the extra year of development and the lack of picks this year (compared to what we should get in comp picks in a year).

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

A 3rd this year is probably more valuable to the Vikes than a 2nd next year given the extra year of development and the lack of picks this year (compared to what we should get in comp picks in a year).

I don't think the Cards will be very good this year, so a potentially high 2nd round pick is more valuable than a pick at the very end of round 3, even if we don't get that development this year.

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Trade proposal,

Yay or nay?

Tough call. Those are really 4th and 5th round picks....so I doubt it. But it is tempting, especially since they can probably* deal the 2nd and 4th to move back up in the 2nd, meaning they didn't drop as much and added a 3rd/4th. so, hmmmm, probably not.

*probably.

talked myself out of it. nope.

25 minutes ago, Klomp said:

PCP brings up a solid point. It'd be ideal if you grab a pick towards the top of a round. I'd almost rather get two 4ths higher in the round than a comp 3rd and comp 4th.

But who has those picks? And would they be willing to trade up into the late 1st?

Maybe Denver doesn’t take a QB at 5, and they look to trade up for someone like Rudolph. Trade 30 to Denver for 40, 106, and 113

Just now, SemperFeist said:

But who has those picks?

Probably no one....or, no one, I haven't checked. I think the key problem for me with the proposed trade is they are really 4th and 5th round picks. Which, while having value, aren't great picks. Probably.

Archived