So close yet so far Mock

bosko1616

1. Browns - Sam Darnold QB 

2. Giants - Josh Rosen QB 

3. Jets - Baker Mayfield QB 

4. Broncos - Josh Allen QB (Cleveland Receives 5,36, future 1st) the bidding war btwn the Bills,Broncos and Arizona drive the price up. 

5. Browns - Bradley Chubb DE 

**Browns Trade 33,35 for 18**

18. Browns - Mike Mcglinchey T 

36. Browns - Carlton Davis CB 

64. Browns - Nick Chubb RB 

Thoughts 

I'll be honest, I'll be very happy if this happens.

That being said I think the big thing you missed on is getting a WR.

Laundry is on a franchise tag, and we can tag him again, but no gaurentees he will remain here.

Josh Gordon is always a flight risk, you can't rely on him as a #1.

Corey Coleman hasn't shown that he can make it a whole season yet.

We NEED to be drafting WR's eventually...It would be nice to get some every year.  

I would look in the second round hoping for Sutton to fall, or looking at DJ Moore or Equanimous St. Brown.

If nothing else something we can build for the future with...

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

4. Broncos - Josh Allen QB (Cleveland Receives 5,36, future 1st) the bidding war btwn the Bills,Broncos and Arizona drive the price up. 

Thoughts 

Wow... Just... WOW! I'd take this. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I like it outside of trading up for McGlinchey. I think I’m with @BleedTheClock that this isn’t a very good LT class. I think if a healthy Coleman were in this draft he might be talked about as the best of this class. His health issues might drop him. I’d just assume try him there as that’s his natural position and see what he’s got. If he fails I’m looking at a couple next year that I think will be a ton better, even though I never like to project next year as it rarely turns out like you think. 

giphy.gif

This makes the draft a WIN for me. The rest is gravy.

giphy.gif

Great value and I'm 100% in favor of a tradeback. Not only this, but we're guaranteed to select the guy we'd already want.

giphy.gif

I think that he's an Ogbah type clone. I don't love the pick, but if he pans out and becomes/is elite, I love it.

giphy.gif

754.gif

Not a fan of his. If he's good, then I'm for it, but I don't like that pick at all.

tenor.gif?itemid=6113296

tenor.gif

I like Chubb more than most as a RB. Also, bonus points for selecting "Big Chubb" and "Little Chubb" in the same draft.

Are people just mocking us the "top OT" and not watching film? I don't understand how anyone could watch a significant amount of McGlinchey tape and think he's capable of being our shiny new LT. Speed rushers roast him. Routinely.

And someone brought up the whole "LT's and RT's aren't a lot different because guys move pass rushers around" argument. That's fine, but it's significantly easier to provide help to your RT. Most QB's are right-handed, which means most of the time, you're going to want your TE on that side. TE's typically align on the right side of the formation and allow for easy chips and double teams. It's a minor help, but playing RT is still easier than LT.

13 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Thoughts 

We will be lucky to get a 2nd in the trade, a 3rd is a real possibility, so a 2nd is already a steal! But I love who you picked to trade with! A future 1st is out of the question. You have to look at the Trubisky trade to see what you can get and that was for the #2 pick in that draft year and we are only offering the #4 pick!

More inclined to take Barkley if he is still available. Top end talent in this draft year is rather mediocre and certainly not elite, so if Barkley is available, I take him, because he is elite!

Not a McGlinchey fan one bit. He is a mediocre pass protector and will only be a RT at the next level and you may well get him far later than #18, might even slip to round 2 IMO.

Other picks look OK except if we draft Barkley, Nick Chubb is not a likely pick!

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Are people just mocking us the "top OT" and not watching film? I don't understand how anyone could watch a significant amount of McGlinchey tape and think he's capable of being our shiny new LT. Speed rushers roast him. Routinely.

And someone brought up the whole "LT's and RT's aren't a lot different because guys move pass rushers around" argument. That's fine, but it's significantly easier to provide help to your RT. Most QB's are right-handed, which means most of the time, you're going to want your TE on that side. TE's typically align on the right side of the formation and allow for easy chips and double teams. It's a minor help, but playing RT is still easier than LT.

Couldn't agree more on everything here! I would say though that LT is far harder position than RT by a mile. 

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I like it outside of trading up for McGlinchey. I think I’m with @BleedTheClock that this isn’t a very good LT class. I think if a healthy Coleman were in this draft he might be talked about as the best of this class. His health issues might drop him. I’d just assume try him there as that’s his natural position and see what he’s got. If he fails I’m looking at a couple next year that I think will be a ton better, even though I never like to project next year as it rarely turns out like you think. 

Yup. Sums it up nicely.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:
Hated It GIF - Hated It GIFs

I've missed this. Are you Blaine or Anton?

Archived