First Unofficial Packers Depth Chart Released

CWood21

No real surprises with the starters.  Interesting that Davante Mays is the 3rd RB ahead of Aaron Jones, I figured Jones would have the slight edge there.  At WR, looks like Jeff Janis and Trevor Davis our 3rd string WR which means they probably make the team if they are core ST players.  Probably not going to break into the WR corp.  Beau Sandland ahead of Richard Rodgers is interesting.  Justin McCray as the backup RG.

Given Dean Lowry's play thus far, no surprise he's the listed starter opposite of Mike Daniels.  And Clark as the starting nose ahead of Letroy Guion is interesting.  Not sure why Demetri Goodson is on the depth chart tbh.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No real surprises with the starters.  Interesting that Davante Mays is the 3rd RB ahead of Aaron Jones, I figured Jones would have the slight edge there.  At WR, looks like Jeff Janis and Trevor Davis our 3rd string WR which means they probably make the team if they are core ST players.  Probably not going to break into the WR corp.  Beau Sandland ahead of Richard Rodgers is interesting.  Justin McCray as the backup RG.

Given Dean Lowry's play thus far, no surprise he's the listed starter opposite of Mike Daniels.  And Clark as the starting nose ahead of Letroy Guion is interesting.  Not sure why Demetri Goodson is on the depth chart tbh.

I think Sandland is after Rodgers. It goes left to right on that first line then jumps down and one more time for Byrd.

Same deal with Mays. I could be wrong, that's how I read it.

27 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I think Sandland is after Rodgers. It goes left to right on that first line then jumps down and one more time for Byrd.

That would make more sense...

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

And Clark as the starting nose ahead of Letroy Guion is interesting

Guion is out for 4 games.  not all that surprising given he has no guaranteed money if he is cut.   He will start on the suspended list and then it will be interesting to see how things shake out.   Adams injury will be interesing to watch on the DL situation combined with Guion's suspension

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Guion is out for 4 games.  not all that surprising given he has no guaranteed money if he is cut.   He will start on the suspended list and then it will be interesting to see how things shake out.   Adams injury will be interesing to watch on the DL situation combined with Guion's suspension

It's probably a numbers' situation, but I don't anticipate him being cut unless the DL is playing really well.

There probably is not really an open position in the starting group on offense.  Maybe how the RB position shakes out and which RB gets the play on certain downs.  OL is set, WR, TE and QB. 

On Defense, the only real spots up are probably who starts along the DL with Clark and Daniels AND the boundary/slot CB’s (aside from House). 

Lowry and RJF battling for the DL spot.  The CB spots will be quite interesting with King, Randall and Rollins.  Just dont see Gunter having a shot, but if he does, just not sure what that says about the other CB's

58 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This is all interesting but it is early IMO.  Let's see who starts in the 3rd game of the preseason before we make predictions.

Wait until we already know what the depth chart will be to make predictions. Sounds fun.

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Wait until we already know what the depth chart will be to make predictions. Sounds fun.

I'm all for making predictions but I'd like to see a guy actually perform in at least one NFL game - even if it is preseason - before I can make an educated guess.

19 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yes that is correct. People have also said that Janis is behind Dupree and Yancey, but he's not...they're just reading the depth chart incorrectly.

1 hour ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Yes that is correct. People have also said that Janis is behind Dupree and Yancey, but he's not...they're just reading the depth chart incorrectly.

I was like 99% sure it was like I said but I didn't want to be like hahaha cwood you idiot!! Then be wrong.

I was tricked for a second too. Then you realize what's up when you see the weird order on a few.

Archived