Roster washing

vike daddy

Depending on what they do in the draft, I think Sendejo could see his days numbered. He’s a solid player, but really not worth his level of contract. If the team finds a player in the draft that they like, I would imagine that 2018 will be Sendejo’s last season with the Vikings. 

Brian Robison saw his numbers get cut way down last year, depending on who they draft or how a guy like Bowers develops, I could see his snap count drop even more. He’s a big leader in the locker room, and with 2018 being the last year on his contract I don’t envision him being cut, but I don’t expect to see as much #96 on the field as I’m used too. 

Offensively, I wouldn’t be shocked, or upset, to see Easton find his way to the bench as the team’s IOL utility player. Easton is ok at guard, but depending on who or how many o-linemen the team drafts, or how the development with guys like Isidora and Andrews goes, I expect there to be a lot of competition for the LG spot come OTAs. 

49 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

who are some of the the players on the roster whose days might be numbered, who's likely to get replaced soon?

who's been held back on the roster so far who may have chances to get more snaps and work themselves up?

Everson will still be around a little while, but his days as the #1 guy at DE are numbered...I think he's got maybe 2 or 3 more years as the #1 guy and then his playing time will dwindle...similarly as has Robison's.  

Andrew Sendejo's days are numbered as well.  While he's done a good job, he's 30 yrs old and needs to be upgraded.  

As far as working themselves up...the opportunities are there for Jaleel Johnson and Tashawn Bower.  Also, as far as in relation to Sendejo above, the opportunity is there for Anthony Harris to step it up and compete with Sendejo to start opposite Harry.  I think the new rules on tackling will hurt Sendejo's game, so that opens up the door for a better tackler like Harris.

I like me some Sendejo, but I’m believe we seriously are considering looking into a safety earlier than a lot of us want to in this draft. It will save cap in the long run, and maybe even an improvement at the position.

Treadwell is an obvious one. I just don’t like the fit with what we are trying to do, or even with Kirk. His outside guys have always been athletic, and really never found the success with the bigger bodyed receivers. DeFlippo found success with Jeffries, but I just don’t really like the look of Treadwell finding success here.

The obvious is Robison. Really I think it is a retire situation. We will be looking into the spot in the draft, and will be looking to replace him after this year. It’s been a long solid run for the guy, but his time is coming. 

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

The obvious is Robison. Really I think it is a retire situation. We will be looking into the spot in the draft, and will be looking to replace him after this year. It’s been a long solid run for the guy, but his time is coming. 

ala Chad Greenway's career.

Sendejo, Robison and Treadwell all come to mind.

Sendejo may be too expensive to keep going forward. 

Robison may be pushed off the roster this year if a DE is drafted early.

Treadwell likely won't emerge stuck as a 4th WR. Could see him scrapped for a draft pick in a year, save some money.

Mike Remmers has positional flexibility, but he’s a guy that could definitely be upgraded and has a contract that’s easy to get out of if he won’t restructure.

I can’t imagine Marcus Sherels having too many years left either.  He is already 30 and may start losing his athleticism in the next few years.

Archived