Trevor Davis arrested for bomb joke at airport

AlexGreen#20

37 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It was a really dumb thing to do and he was probably trying to to be funny to impress his lady friend or something and failed. He probably won't get released because of this imo. 

They were flying to Hawaii.  If she was not already impressed, I am sure getting arrested certainly would impress her.

it's dumb but I feel like it falls in the category of "I didn't know I couldn't do that" naivete rather than "willfully ignorant or intentionally acting out" dumbness.

I don't expect there to be any transactions made as a result.  He's still the best returner on the team, and hasn't gotten a WR opportunity.

I expect it was a rather obvious joke statement, but people that work at airports all too often have their sense of humour totally removed, in fact its probably part of their training to take even obvious jokes seriously, rather than use their judgement.

However, that obsessive seriousness is also a well known thing, it shows up regularly on TV and sometimes in real life. So, if you are smart you take that into account and bite down on that smart remark

Archived