Players Taking Shots At Their Former Team

stl4life07

7 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

still waiting on the malcom butler fire show

He will.

He even said he still don’t know why he was benched in the SB. Then rumors are he did stuff at night prior to the game that he shouldn’t have done to get him punished. Like really? I personally think the benching of Butler was a power play by Belichick. Since Kraft forced Belichick to trade Jimmy G away because Brady didn’t like Jimmy G there and wanted to play till he is 45 and Kraft looks at Brady as his son, Kraft took Brady side and told Belichick to trade Jimmy G. From there Belichick did things like five Jimmy G for far less than he should’ve gotten, fired Brady’s trainer, now it’s reported Belichick chewed out Gronk for using Brady’s trainer. Belichick benched Butler in the SB for unknown reasons which allowed Foles to carve up the defense and ultimately the Eagles won the SB, then allowing both tackles (Solder, Fleming), Lewis, Butler, Cooks, and Amendola to leave the organization either in FA or trade. Oh and the Pats don’t have a future QB to groom on the roster as we speak because Brissett is in Indy and Jimmy G is in San Fran. I didn’t even mention Edelman is coming back from a serious injury so we don’t know how he will look and Gronk mind might just be on wrestling and Hollywood not on focusing on being the main weapon for Brady on offense.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Maybe I might be but also I’m under the belief if you don’t have something good to say then don’t say anything at all. He knows the media is going to run with the words he said so why even say them? 

Your post is not saying something good about someone. You're literally chastising players for commenting about their past teams.

It's not a big deal and it's to be expected.

38 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Your post is not saying something good about someone. You're literally chastising players for commenting about their past teams.

It's not a big deal and it's to be expected.

Again like a player can not say something negative at all if it’s not warranted. Like if Ingram ever left the Saints, he would have a legit reason to say how Payton did him at times. Gurley didn’t leave the Rams but he had every right to say the Rams offense was not an NFL offense under Fisher. On the other hand, if a player no reason to say a negative thing about the organization then don’t. Norman and Smith were justified in their comments about how the Panthers front office did them. Like I can see that. But yeah that’s all I’m saying.

This isn't necessarily the same as what the OP is talking about in regards to "taking shots", but me personally I would like to see more players utilize social media to do little ribbing before games. Within boundaries, of course.

Not that this is realistic but I would love to see, for example; X pass-rusher and Tom Brady talking a little trash about each other throughout the week. Or a WR talking about a CB that he is going to abuse on national television......I think it would generate alot more of interest in certain games too. 

Happens with everyone it seems. Even if they don't voice their concerns. Never underestimate the pro athlete ego. To be fair, NFL organizations are cut throat at times. I still remember Steve McNair getting locked out of the team facilities in Tennessee, because they were concerned he'd get hurt while working out and they'd have to pay him. Really Bud Adams?

I did appreciate Delanie Walker saying he'll always be a 49er when he left. And Frank Gore is clearly still a 49ers fan. So it ain't all bad!

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This isn't necessarily the same as what the OP is talking about in regards to "taking shots", but me personally I would like to see more players utilize social media to do little ribbing before games. Within boundaries, of course.

Not that this is realistic but I would love to see, for example; X pass-rusher and Tom Brady talking a little trash about each other throughout the week. Or a WR talking about a CB that he is going to abuse on national television......I think it would generate alot more of interest in certain games too. 

Just watch WWE.

14 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I wish it were that way too. 

I think athletes nowadays are too senstive though. Not all of them, just a lot - definitely a lot more than in the past. 

You have to look at Robert Quinn's perspective on this one.  He was always a professional and he had a great career with the Rams.  Maybe when they brought in Wade Phillips and the defensive scheme changed, he felt betrayed.  And then of course as the op brought up, the team just traded him and maybe it was a shock for him.  Of course he isn't going to say that or make it known while he is on the team, but it's possible he could have felt that way.  So now that he's gone, he's feels free to say it.  He fits into the Dolphins scheme better and will probably have more of an impact than he did last year for the Rams.

Part of it is bitterness, but I think it's part truth as well.

Archived