Is Bradley Chubb a blue chip elite prospect?

brownie man

Is Bradley Chubb Elite?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bradley Chubb Blue Chip Elite?

• Yes True Elite Blue Chip Prospect
    • No not Blue Chip but very good player
    • Other

I feel that this has been a conversation in the community. How good is Chubb?

My Browns have the number 4 pick and he'll probably be our selection there. 

If players like Joey Bosa, Clowney, and Garrett are blue chip

is Chubb on their level?

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s not a Clowney, Bosa, or Garrett level prospect IMO. He might not even be Mack. 

But he’s a very good player that has elite pass rush potential in the NFL.

1. Mack

2. Bosa

3. Garrett

4. Chubb

5. Clowney

No. I don't think he'll ever get more than 10 sacks in a season. He's not a very good pass rusher. He's tenacious and a pain to deal with, but he's not dynamic enough to consistently cause problems in the NFL in my opinion. He's going to be an average starting DE, nothing more. I will say, the chances of him being terrible are about as low as anyone in recent memory.

Bosa, Garrett, etc...Those guys are athletic freaks.

Chubb has elite football IQ and understanding of the game. He has elite technique, balance, footwork. 

But he is not an athletic freak. There will be times he's overpowered, even dominated because of that. I foresee him being a very good player, but not elite. I think he'll be an above average player, but his ceiling is perennial probowler, not HOF'er. 

This is just my opinion of course. You pair him with Ogbah and Garrett, chances are, he'll shine. But this is not another one of those special talents that Bosa and Garrett were.

33 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

1. Mack

2. Bosa

3. Garrett

4. Chubb

5. Clowney

Coming out, I would rank them:

1. Myles Garrett
  2. Khalil Mack
  3. Bradley Chubb
  4. Jadeveon Clowney
  5. Joey Bosa

I think Chubb is elite if people think Clowney and Bosa are elite right now.  However, my definition of elite is future Hall of Famer and I think Chubb might fall slightly below that standard.  I think Garrett and Mack are future Hall of Famers.  I don't think Clowney and Bosa are.  So Chubb will be in that middle ground.  He'll have more 10+ sack seasons than Clowney and Bosa.  However, he won't be that perennial All-Pro like Mack and I believe Garrett.

9 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Bosa, Garrett, etc...Those guys are athletic freaks.

Chubb has elite football IQ and understanding of the game. He has elite technique, balance, footwork. 

But he is not an athletic freak. There will be times he's overpowered, even dominated because of that. I foresee him being a very good player, but not elite. I think he'll be an above average player, but his ceiling is perennial probowler, not HOF'er. 

This is just my opinion of course. You pair him with Ogbah and Garrett, chances are, he'll shine. But this is not another one of those special talents that Bosa and Garrett were.

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact he tested significantly worse at the combine than Chubb?  If you think Bosa is an athletic freak then Chubb most certainly is. 

I don't consider Chubb an athletic freak.  His measureables and athleticism are prototypical but they are no freaky.  And Bosa is most certainly not an athletic freak.  His sub-par athleticism was a major knock on him during the draft process.

5 minutes ago, VanS said:

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact he tested significantly worse at the combine than Chubb?  If you think Bosa is an athletic freak then Chubb most certainly is. 

I don't consider Chubb an athletic freak.  His measureables and athleticism are prototypical but they are no freaky.  And Bosa is most certainly not an athletic freak.  His sub-par athleticism was a major knock on him during the draft process.

I think his strength makes him a freak. Not to mention, it's the combine.

Clowney was the best DE prospect coming out in the draft since Julius Peppers.  Yes he was a better prospect coming out than Mario Williams and the other guys you all named.  As far as Chubb, I don't consider him an elite blue chip prospect but he is still a nice one. I would rank him as far as recent DE prospects go:

Clowney

Garrett

Bosa

Mack

Chubb

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

He's below Bosa but above Clowney for me (I never liked Clowney more than Mack) 

I'd say he's a top 5 player in this class but this class only has three blue chip players (Barkley, Nelson, Ward) 

Why has Denzel Ward skyrocketed up boards in the past few weeks? I don't recall him ever being this highly regarded even a month ago.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I think his strength makes him a freak. Not to mention, it's the combine.

Yeah I dont care how many reps Bosa put up at the combine

hes got HOF strength and stoutness 

I'm never seen Bosa get blocked and move backwards

not once hey may have been directed to an an area but not moved backwards

I think as prospects in recent years it goes

1.Garrett 

2. Bosa

3.Khalil Mack

4. Clonwey

5. Chubb

6. Fowler

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why has Denzel Ward skyrocketed up boards in the past few weeks? I don't recall him ever being this highly regarded even a month ago.

Good combine and the fact he's the best CB in this draft. 

Archived