Is Bradley Chubb a blue chip elite prospect?

brownie man

Is Bradley Chubb Elite?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bradley Chubb Blue Chip Elite?

• Yes True Elite Blue Chip Prospect
    • No not Blue Chip but very good player
    • Other

Chubb is a very good player but not absolutely world class elite I do not think.  I would have all of these guys ahead of him coming out of college potentially. 

Julius Peppers
Jadeveon Clowney
Chris Long
Joey Bosa
Mario Williams
Myles Garrett 
Ezekiel Ansah
Courtney Brown
Jevon Kearse

But he is best DE in this class by far especially with how Key did not play great and neither did Landry, and Chubb is easily the best true 4/3 DE pass rusher no question.  Also bringing up I would take Nick Bosa and Rashan Gary over Chubb all the long as a true DE and possibly even Clelin Ferrell but not totally sold on that just yet.  

15 hours ago, VanS said:

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact he tested significantly worse at the combine than Chubb?  If you think Bosa is an athletic freak then Chubb most certainly is. 

I don't consider Chubb an athletic freak.  His measureables and athleticism are prototypical but they are no freaky.  And Bosa is most certainly not an athletic freak.  His sub-par athleticism was a major knock on him during the draft process.

Where did you get that info from?  Sub-par athleticism? Bosa's 3 cone and Broad Jump was on par with Von Miller and he is 3 inches taller and 25lbs heavier, pfffft...... In laymen's terms, a big guy moving like a little one, not to mention his bend, This is hilarious

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Why has Denzel Ward skyrocketed up boards in the past few weeks? I don't recall him ever being this highly regarded even a month ago.

Easy,  elite technique + elite athlete + good film + good medicals + good interviews = Skyrocket.

13 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

A better question would be if he stayed this year in college and entered the 2019 NFL draft, where would he be ranked in terms of LB/DE EDGE rushers in that class?

I would have him ranked here in the 2019 DE class, could easily be 4th though if Ferrell keeps on improving.  

Nick Bosa Ohio State JR

Rashan Gary Michigan JR

Bradley Chubb NC State

Clelin Ferrell Clemson RS JR

Raekwon Davis Alabama JR

Zach Allen Boston College

Brian Burns Florida State JR

Jaylon Ferguson La Tech

Austin Bryant Clemson

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Chubb is a very good player but not absolutely world class elite I do not think.  I would have all of these guys ahead of him coming out of college potentially. 

Julius Peppers
Jadeveon Clowney
Chris Long
Joey Bosa
Mario Williams
Myles Garrett 
Ezekiel Ansah
Courtney Brown
Jevon Kearse

But he is best DE in this class by far especially with how Key did not play great and neither did Landry, and Chubb is easily the best true 4/3 DE pass rusher no question.  Also bringing up I would take Nick Bosa and Rashan Gary over Chubb all the long as a true DE and possibly even Clelin Ferrell but not totally sold on that just yet.  

He's absolutely a better prospect than Chris Long or Ezekiel Ansah.

I think so. The only thing concerning with Chubb is his 3 cone but I didn't see it as an issue on tape. I think bull rushers tend to be underrated vs. speed rushers by a lot of people. Chubb's technique and production along with most of his measurables point to a high end pass rusher in the NFL/a "blue chip" talent. Cleveland would to well to pair him up with Garrett.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Food for thought...

Those lists look nice, sure, and I like Chubb, but that final list you also have to recognize that Chubb has the worst short shuttle and 3-cone numbers of that final group. He actually only tested in the 27th percentile in the 3-cone drill.

Sometimes lists like these also (maybe conveniently) don't list some players. Genard Avery was an EDGE guy at Memphis who had 20+ TFL this year and ran in the 4.5's. Joe Ostman had 20+ TFL and ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day. Both missing in all three charts. There is names missing from the first chart also of guys just to hit the 20+ TFL number, but even if you go down to the final chart, Haason Reddick, Carroll Phillips and Jatavis Brown all meet the marks but are not listed. 

Just saying to not always blindly follow what others say because there is names omitted above for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Those lists look nice, sure, and I like Chubb, but that final list you also have to recognize that Chubb has the worst short shuttle and 3-cone numbers of that final group. He actually only tested in the 27th percentile in the 3-cone drill.

Sometimes lists like these also (maybe conveniently) don't list some players. Genard Avery was an EDGE guy at Memphis who had 20+ TFL this year and ran in the 4.5's. Joe Ostman had 20+ TFL and ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day. Both missing in all three charts. There is names missing from the first chart also of guys just to hit the 20+ TFL number, but even if you go down to the final chart, Haason Reddick, Carroll Phillips and Jatavis Brown all meet the marks but are not listed. 

Just saying to not always blindly follow what others say because there is names omitted above for whatever reason.

Yeah man, good point.  I didn't really have the time to look into it and "fact-check" it, so I'm happy someone did.  I wasn't posting it to prove a point or anything.  I haven't watched enough of these EDGE rushers to form much of an opinion, b/c the Redskins likely won't draft one early.  I just saw it on twitter and thought it was interesting enough to share.  I guess it can be safely disregarded now though. xD

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah man, good point.  I didn't really have the time to look into it and "fact-check" it, so I'm happy someone did.  I wasn't posting it to prove a point or anything.  I haven't watched enough of these EDGE rushers to form much of an opinion, b/c the Redskins likely won't draft one early.  I just saw it on twitter and thought it was interesting enough to share.  I guess it can be safely disregarded now though. xD

Just wanted to point it out since that bottom list, Chubb had the worst collection of quickness/agility testing and that there are names missing which help make the group look better overall.

Archived