Is Bradley Chubb a blue chip elite prospect?

brownie man

Is Bradley Chubb Elite?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bradley Chubb Blue Chip Elite?

• Yes True Elite Blue Chip Prospect
    • No not Blue Chip but very good player
    • Other

Why can't I paste images in here? It's actually a bit annoying. Does Imgur embed at least? Looks like no. I put together a list of the Relative Athletic Scores and the college stats of the top edge rushers for the past half a decade or so. I've probably left out some guys, but I picked players who either went top 5, or who were in the top 5 of sacks this year. I also tried to roughly match Chubb in size and testing numbers. Don't shoot me if I've forgotten players. 

Some players have the edge in one category or another, but Chubb matches up very well with all of these guys. Factor in his advanced technique and by all accounts good character, and I think it's a bit insulting to suggest that he's not a foundational defensive player at his position. He has the size, stats, and testing numbers to go toe to toe with pretty much anyone over the last five years. I also forgot to label the stats, but it shouldn't be too difficult to match the players with their schools. Chubb put up an insane number of TFL. He's going to be very good.

https://imgur.com/a/gLLU6

I actually think Clowney is an excellent comp.  Both are terrific against the run and offer really good but not standalone elite pass rush ability.   I love Chubb’s balance and handwork too.   

Much like Clowney I don’t see Chubb as a dominant pass rusher by himself.   Clowney isn’t quite as agile or explosive in a phone booth as elite DE talents like Bosa.   Put him with another elite pass rusher though and they form a great duo.   He’s more of a force multiplier in the pass rush than a dominant force by himself. 

Archived