Trading Up

KJtheWicked

Is there anyone, realistically speaking, you would want to move up for? If so, how far up would you move, and what would you give up?

Personally, I’ve seen mocks lately where either Roquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick fall into the mid-late teens. I’d give up a 2nd to get one of those guys. Another scenario is if one of LVE or Evans goes late teens, I’d consider giving up a 3rd to move up to 22 or so to get the other one. 

Main in thing I wouldn’t want to do is give up future picks. With Bens uncertain future, I’d like to keep future picks for when we need to draft his replacement. 

Thoughts? I haven’t posted on here in awhile, just wanted to stir up a little conversation. 

If Roquan Smith fell, I'd be fine trading up for him.  In my mind, since Ben will be retiring relatively soon, I'm far less concerned about the future and want this team to be all in while we still have our championship window.  

I'm not the draftik others here are, but I always thought if the player the team really wants/ needs is there and they think they needed to move up, then it makes sense.  OTOH, as long as it is a Troy or good player for real, it's always good. If the player fails, then we have a problem. 

Currently with this team, I see edge as a real weakness with dupree being a disappointment . Watt is on his way and I expect him to be a good OLB.   If a good CB is there, maybe trade up since I am not sold on Burns but I was hoping we would sign UFA for CB like Grimes for example. UFA could help, and reduce the chances of losing picks moving up. We will have to see how this draft goes, maybe a top tier player falls fro some reason. Remember when DDC fell, it made no sense at all and we got lucky. 

Rashaan Evans.

He is the guy that I think is most realistic in terms of guys we could get that we wouldn't have to move up really high for. I really like him in our defense and I really really hope he is a guy. We get and if we needed to move up to get him I would not be angry about it.

At the end of the day if we don't get him and he end up being a bus I will look like an idiot but that's something I can live with

I know I might get crucified for this, but I'd trade up for LVE. He's not a finished product but I think he can be really special. 

He is basically the prospect clone of Ryan Shazier. Crazy athletic and needs help when things get trashed up. Well Shazier was the size of a safety when we drafted him. LVE is the size of Urlacher. If LVE can add a little strength and figure out how to play through the trash(which can be schemed against) he'll be a stud. Then, by some miracle, if Shazier can come back at anywhere near what he was, we'll be set with the most athletic duo of ILB's in NFL history. 

I'd also probably trade up for Derwin James.

To be clear, I don’t think they will move up for anybody. I get the feeling they will do the typical stay pat and take BPA. Mainly asking who you guys would want to move up for. Roquan is the main guy for me. It seems like Derwin May have leaped Fitzpatrick on a lot of boards. I’d love to get Derwin but I don’t see that happening. 

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Rashaan Evans.

He is the guy that I think is most realistic in terms of guys we could get that we wouldn't have to move up really high for. I really like him in our defense and I really really hope he is a guy. We get and if we needed to move up to get him I would not be angry about it.

At the end of the day if we don't get him and he end up being a bus I will look like an idiot but that's something I can live with

Yeah he’s the other one I’d move up for, as long as LVE isn’t still there too. Reminds me of the Burns pick. We had WJIII on the board and Cincy right in front of us. Everyone knew they needed a CB and we could’ve gave up a 4th to move up and grab him. Instead we sat on our hands and reached for Burns when Jackson got snagged right ahead of us. This year we we have the Saints in front of us who need linebacker help. 

58 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

Yeah he’s the other one I’d move up for, as long as LVE isn’t still there too. Reminds me of the Burns pick. We had WJIII on the board and Cincy right in front of us. Everyone knew they needed a CB and we could’ve gave up a 4th to move up and grab him. Instead we sat on our hands and reached for Burns when Jackson got snagged right ahead of us. This year we we have the Saints in front of us who need linebacker help. 

I would have to disagree with Cincy needing a CB at the time they picked Jackson.  Pac Man, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard were already on the roster.  I don’t think many saw that coming.  

6 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I would have to disagree with Cincy needing a CB at the time they picked Jackson.  Pac Man, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard were already on the roster.  I don’t think many saw that coming.  

Nah, I remember sitting there when it got to pick 20, 21, 22, I kept thinking we gotta get ahead of Cincy if we want Jackson. There was another team in that range who had a need at CB too but they passed on him. Can’t remember who it was. 

Archived