Trading Up

KJtheWicked

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know I might get crucified for this, but I'd trade up for LVE. He's not a finished product but I think he can be really special. 

He is basically the prospect clone of Ryan Shazier. Crazy athletic and needs help when things get trashed up. Well Shazier was the size of a safety when we drafted him. LVE is the size of Urlacher. If LVE can add a little strength and figure out how to play through the trash(which can be schemed against) he'll be a stud. Then, by some miracle, if Shazier can come back at anywhere near what he was, we'll be set with the most athletic duo of ILB's in NFL history. 

I'd also probably trade up for Derwin James.

I don’t think Shazier and LVE are a good comparison.  TJ Watt and LVE are very similar athletically.  

DXfLdBKVMAA7OWu?format=jpg

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know I might get crucified for this, but I'd trade up for LVE. He's not a finished product but I think he can be really special. 

He is basically the prospect clone of Ryan Shazier. Crazy athletic and needs help when things get trashed up. Well Shazier was the size of a safety when we drafted him. LVE is the size of Urlacher. If LVE can add a little strength and figure out how to play through the trash(which can be schemed against) he'll be a stud. Then, by some miracle, if Shazier can come back at anywhere near what he was, we'll be set with the most athletic duo of ILB's in NFL history. 

I'd also probably trade up for Derwin James.

I would say that Tremaine Edmunds is a clone of Shazier coming out of college.  Fast with little instinct.  More athlete than football player. 

LVE will be another Urlacher or Brooks.  LVE needs some coaching and film room.

Watched more LVE. Don’t want him. Doesn’t get low on tackles. Doesn’t attack blockers. Isn’t an aggressive tackler. Tries to grab tackle rather than wrap tackle. 

And very little of that is coachable. That’s all about desire. The Boz 2.0. 

38 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Watched more LVE. Don’t want him. Doesn’t get low on tackles. Doesn’t attack blockers. Isn’t an aggressive tackler. Tries to grab tackle rather than wrap tackle. 

And very little of that is coachable. That’s all about desire. The Boz 2.0. 

Most plays I've seen , he tries to lean one shoulder in to make the tackle. Of course that can be coached up but that is a good way to blow out your shoulder in the big leagues. 

See I watch Smith, Edmunds, and Evans.  They all play fast and attack.  I don’t see that with LVE I don’t see his athleticism flash at all on the field.  He almost looks awkward out there and I rarely see him attack.  I can’t tell if he is slow to react mentally or his burst doesn’t translate to the field.  

1 hour ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

If Fitzpatrick, James, Edmunds, and Smith are gone Vita Vea comes within 8 picks I'd move up... 

Vea was my first man crush of this draft. I think he can be dominant on the right defense. Question is, how much will he see the field? With us in 4-2-5 so much, is a NT worth a 1st round pick? I think we need a guy like Vea to help with the run defense. Hargraves is good, but he’s not that guy. Maybe some more 3-3-5 would get him on the field? So, yeah I like Vea, and I would welcome the pick, even if they moved up a few spots for him. I would just be interested to see how they use him without sacrificing the pass defense.

1 hour ago, KJtheWicked said:

Vea was my first man crush of this draft. I think he can be dominant on the right defense. Question is, how much will he see the field? With us in 4-2-5 so much, is a NT worth a 1st round pick? I think we need a guy like Vea to help with the run defense. Hargraves is good, but he’s not that guy. Maybe some more 3-3-5 would get him on the field? So, yeah I like Vea, and I would welcome the pick, even if they moved up a few spots for him. I would just be interested to see how they use him without sacrificing the pass defense.

I would be OK with the pick for him if he fell, but not a trade up.  I do think they would run more 3 man front sub packages with him, but I don’t think the value is worth a trade up.

If I’m trading up I better be getting a difference maker who is going to make splash plays.

7 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I would be OK with the pick for him if he fell, but not a trade up.  I do think they would run more 3 man front sub packages with him, but I don’t think the value is worth a trade up.

If I’m trading up I better be getting a difference maker who is going to make splash plays.

Yeah I can agree with that. I wouldn’t want them to move up for him, but if they did and it was only a few spots I’d be okay with that. But you’re right, a playmaker is what the defense is missing. If we are moving up into the mid-late teens, it needs to be for a playmaker on defense. Smith, James, Fitzpatrick, Edmonds. 

17 hours ago, KJtheWicked said:

With him we would go back to the 3-4 and get back to hurting QBs

On 4/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, jebrick said:

I would say that Tremaine Edmunds is a clone of Shazier coming out of college.  Fast with little instinct.  More athlete than football player. 

LVE isn’t light years close to the type of player Urlacher was.  Just because they’re big fast and white doesn’t mean they’re similar players.  That is bonkers!  

I’d trade up for Evans, Harrison, and Edmunds.  

On 4/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, jebrick said:

Look, I respect that there are people on here that like LVE more than I do.   Ive been wrong about players before and I could certainly be wrong about him...

...but that is absolutely absurd.    

Using SI.com rankings, I'd trade up for any of these guys, if one were to fall to 20-ish. I don't see how the Steelers can go higher than that without giving up a 1 from next year. That's just not something they do.

6. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
9. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
10. Roquan Smith, Stack LB, Georgia
16. Derwin James, S, Florida State

Archived