offical visits

jebrick

3 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Justin Reid is in town...

Reid is becoming kind of a forgotten man around here. I think he'd be a great pick at 1.28. He'd get a lot of playing time his rookie year. With Davis' future uncertain and Burnett is only going to lose more speed he could be a nice pick. He'll get run in 3 safety sets now, which would allow Burnett to play ILB. He and Davis would form a very athletic last line of defense. 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Reid is becoming kind of a forgotten man around here. I think he'd be a great pick at 1.28. He'd get a lot of playing time his rookie year. With Davis' future uncertain and Burnett is only going to lose more speed he could be a nice pick. He'll get run in 3 safety sets now, which would allow Burnett to play ILB. He and Davis would form a very athletic last line of defense. 

He's not forgotten.  He's just a reach at 28 and unlikely to be there at 60

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

He's not forgotten.  He's just a reach at 28 and unlikely to be there at 60

I disagree. I think he fits late first early second.  

Im with MOsteeler on this.  

I think he is a better NFL prospect than R.Harrison. I think he is more versatile too. 

12 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Im with MOsteeler on this.  

I think he is a better NFL prospect than R.Harrison. I think he is more versatile too. 

I’ve got him 40th on my big board. Puts him right in the Artie Burns no mans land. Bit of a reach at 28, but won’t make it to 60, best bet is a trade down, but that’s unlikely to happen. 

I’m really considering making a list of what FFSteelerFans have as 1st round talents+generally accepted 1st round talent do you guys can realize how deep your reaching to call these guys a 1st round talent. 

PS-

I think @Armsteeld2 would agree since he’s one of the few that go as in depth with scouting as I do...there’s really only 15-22 1st round talents in this draft, a small 22-39 tier, and a huge glut at 40-80 of similar levels that can go from mid-2nd to early 4th. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I’m really considering making a list of what FFSteelerFans have as 1st round talents+generally accepted 1st round talent do you guys can realize how deep your reaching to call these guys a 1st round talent. 

Ok so I'm going for this.  Let's go with the typically accepted consensus top 15 or so:

Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Bradley Chubb, Tremain Edmunds, Josh Rosen, Quenton Nelson, Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Vita Vea, Marcus Davenport, Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Will Hernandez

The next 5 are guys I think we all agree on going in the first:

DaRon Payne, Calvin Ridley, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans, Josh Jackson

That's 20 guys so far.  The Following have all been mentioned as 1st round picks by some here on the board:

Ronnis Harrison, Justin Reid, Jessie Bates, Sam Hubbard, Lorenzo Carter, Harold Landry, Jaire Alexander, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson, Derrius Guice, Sony Michel,  Moore, Courtland Sutton, Isaiah Wynn, Mike McGlinchy, Kolton Miller, Connor Williams

That's 17 guys mentioned in addition to those other guys as 1st round picks, and I only went through 4 threads.

Going a bit deeper, I'm also seeing names like Taven Bryan, Christian Kirk, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Malik Jefferson,  Josh Sweat (dear lord), Donte Jackson, Ronald Jones, Isaiah Oliver

That's another 9.

So in the last 3 weeks, aside from the given guys, FF Steeler fans have identified 46 1st round players.  Most of these guys are not that.

Some of these are bad compared to where someone I personally trust has graded them:

Ronnie Harrison 48; Justin Reid 49;  Jessie Bades 52; Lorenzo Carter 66; Malik Jefferson 68; Josh Sweat 69; Mason Rudolph 74

So we literally are ranking guys with a 3rd round grade as a possible top 28 pick.

Interesting thing of note:

Rashaan Evans is visiting the Bills today, which would be a big reach as they sit at pick #12.  But they also hold pick #22.  As far as I'm aware, this is the first feasible team having him visit who we would have to jump if they like him that much.  Last mock I did had them trading out of that spot with the Giants.  I'm starting to think we might be trading up of down this year, because many of the players we're bringing in aren't likely to be there at 28, but others are also a reach at 28.

11 hours ago, warfelg said:

Some of these are bad compared to where someone I personally trust has graded them:

Ronnie Harrison 48; Justin Reid 49;  Jessie Bades 52; Lorenzo Carter 66; Malik Jefferson 68; Josh Sweat 69; Mason Rudolph 74

Your close, personal friend Gil Brandt?  lol  

13 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Your close, personal friend Gil Brandt?  lol  

No. Lol. He did learn from Gil though. They happen to have similar board except at the top. This guy has Barkley-Nelson-Chubb as his top three. 

Personally I think Gild board from 15-40 is a mess. 

On a a different note but same topic, how messed up is scouts inc’s board with 4 QBs as the top rated, and 7 QBs in their top 50 (IiRC)

You would enjoy the CBS ranking </sarc> 

All the draftniks are wrong.  All of them.  Value is a false metric for draftniks because they do not set the value.  The Teams drafting set the value at the draft.  Then the players further cement the value with their play.   Will first round talents slip to the 2nd and later rounds.  Absolutely.  We will not know it for several years.  Will players selected in the 1st round play like Jags?  Absolutely.

Could Bates be drafted in the 1st round?  We will see on draft day. Is he a 1st round talent?  We will see in 3 years.   Is Josh Allen a 1st round talent.  We will see in 3 years.

Ray Fittipaldo
‏Verified account @rayfitt1

Steelers predraft visits have concluded. There were 21 reported visits. (Maybe a few more not reported). Here is the breakdown of the reported visits: 6 ILB, 5 DBs, 4 DL, 3 WRs, 2 RB, 1 OL

We have 23 that were verified by local Pittsburgh reporters on our list

LVE and Kyzir White were both reported by Pittsburgh media but never confirmed by the Steelers/Labriola.

18 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I'm with MOsteeler on this.  

Most forget that picking 28th is essentially picking at the top of the next round.  I do think that Reid is a better draft value pick at 60 than 28. However,  if you really like him, then you have to take him. You can't say I am going to wait because you won't get a shot at picking him at the end of the following round. I think he is accurately ranked at about the 60th, but I also think he goes before that pick.

I don't know if I would say he is a better football player, but he may well be a better fit.  I think Jessie Bates has upside, but I don't rank him as highly as others do, but he has some versatility and upside as well.

@TonyPauline
Quadree Henderson/WR-RS/Pittsburgh has met with & visited the Steelers, Eagles, Broncos & worked out for the Giants, Dolphins, 49ers https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/ ... 9298996224

Steelers had South Carolina State’s Darius Leonard in for a visit, although he’s more of a second-round pick and that might be where they find their man in this draft. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1804200124

Neither on our list.  I am not a fan of Leonard in the 2nd or 3rd.

Archived