Eric Reid

HangOnSloopy

58 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Agreed. Mike Brown apparently asked him about it, but honestly I am shocked he left without a deal. 

Really?  This seems to happen every offseason where we bring a guy in but then don't sign them.  Or say that if that guy is still available after week 1, that we'll sign them.  I feel like this has happened multiple times now just blanking on the names...

11 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Really?  This seems to happen every offseason where we bring a guy in but then don't sign them.  Or say that if that guy is still available after week 1, that we'll sign them.  I feel like this has happened multiple times now just blanking on the names...

Based on the reports from a lot of media guys, it seemed like this was a deal that would get done. So i bought in. Not the first time i have been wrong. 

This really pisses me off. Didn’t Reid say months ago that he had already moved on from the pre-game protests anyway? So Mikey is now insulting his integrity and character by making him disavow his past actions to sign a contract with provisions that are a moot point anyway? Amazing strategy there Mr great deal maker. ?

and I’m not trying to get any kind of political debate going at all, I understand how it could be a distraction to some locker rooms (not Philly’s) but if that is a concern for brownie actually sit down and have a freakin chat with the guy. The team has many resources that could be used in a very positive PR way if they could work out a way to help on both sides of the issue. At least for the sake of the locker room don’t treat grown men like kindergarteners. And I don’t feel this way because of leaning left or right i feel it’s a bad way to treat these employees that usually thrive on confidence and striving to be the best. If Mikey had put a provision into Eifert’s contract that he had to take down the pic Eifert took with trump i would feel the exact same way. Hopefully when Katie takes over the team she’ll have a better way of doing business.

sorry guys rant over.

29 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Didn’t Reid say months ago that he had already moved on from the pre-game protests anyway? So Mikey is now insulting his integrity and character by making him disavow his past actions to sign a contract with provisions that are a moot point anyway? Amazing strategy there Mr great deal maker. ?

Are we sure there is any issue between Eric Reid, Mike Brown, and the Bengals?  I know what the media is saying, but this could all be a 'hey we like you and we're going to sign you but just not now cuz comp picks".  Which has nothing to do with the protest stuff...

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Are we sure there is any issue between Eric Reid, Mike Brown, and the Bengals?  I know what the media is saying, but this could all be a 'hey we like you and we're going to sign you but just not now cuz comp picks".  Which has nothing to do with the protest stuff...

Even tho I'm a very jaded bengals fan, I’m willing to still give Marv and Andy the benefit of the doubt these days. Mikey not so much. I hope he proves me wrong.

8 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Even tho I'm a very jaded bengals fan, I’m willing to still give Marv and Andy the benefit of the doubt these days. Mikey not so much. I hope he proves me wrong.

I don;'t think there's a problem in any shape or form.  They brought him in now in case they want to sign him after the draft.

Personally, I'd rather do it now and not look at safeties in the draft (unless they want him and his brother or something).  Focus on both lines.  The o-line needs two early and one late pick.  The defensive line could use a DT and another DE.  Plus we can use a couple of 3rd round types at LB.  It's the same reason I wouldn't be upset if they brought back Jones and pushed that off another year as well.

9 hours ago, Futbudds said:

It's not that you're not giving Mike any credit, it's that you're completely buying into what a national media guy is saying even though they weren't in the room.  Where is that guy getting his information from?  Certainly not anyone internal to the Bengals staff.  They're very tight lipped.  And if it's from Reid or his agent, that's just speculation.

Brown,  like many NFL owners thinks that the protests have hurt the brand and ratings. I am not surprised that he wants this thoroughly vetted. I don't think it is likely as combative as the articles made it out to be. If Brown was totally against signing him, he would not have been brought in.

Mo Egger has a good article about this defending Brown over at The Athletic.  Solid read if you're a subscriber.  Reid has a right to take a knee, and NFL owners have a right to not want the distraction.  That said, I'd be fine with Reid on the team whether he took a knee or not. 

I have no issue with bringing up the subject and actually talking about where each of them stand and positive ways to move forward. But if Mikey just wants a blanket mea culpa because of a perceived giant distraction to the team I call bs. This team is full of distractions and has been full of distractions for a long long time. Starting with Mikey’s Handling of the team.

If this is all smoke and nothing happened I will eat my crow for getting bent out of shape over nothing but it pretty much sounds like he is drawing his lines in the sand over a guy actually serving his own conscience while taking chance after chance on anything and everything (while also making roster decisions based on squeezing every dime he can rather than the best chance to win for two and a half decades). 

Archived